Needing Some Help figureing this out

Bobby C

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
Oklahoma
Hi,I have a problem i can't seem to figure out. I received my Voom receiver yesturday got it all hooked up last night and did a local channel scan and it picks up channel 4 KFOR with a signal quality of 98-99% channel 5 KOCO at 87-88% Channel 14 TBN at 98-99% Channel 25 at 98-99%. It does not however pick up channel 9 KWTV,Channel 13 KETA PBS, channel 34 KOCB, or Channel 52 KSBI or PAX channel 63. i am using an outdoor radio shack antenna VHF/UHF type antenna. These stations i dont pick up with the voom receiver all seem to have a fairly good Analog signal comparable to the other channels i listed above that i do pick up digitals for. I just dont understand what could be going on with those why it wont scan them in.

Also what about useing an indoor antenna? if so what kind and where did you get it at and if you remember what was the price of it? I thought i might try an indoor antenna to see if that would work to get those channels in but i dont see how it would work any better over the outdoor antenna though but it might.

Again i live in Moore, Oklahoma Zip code 73160 my Antenna is pointing north where my local stations are located.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Update on my situation

Update on my situation, when i got home tonight i got my big ladder out and decided to move the antenna around and rescan the channels. After doing this I now receive all the channels 4,5,9,13,14,25,and Pax. All channels come in with quality of 96-99. channel 9 KWTV comes in with a signal quality of 90-91 and it is rather pixilated and blocky and comes in and out not sure why unless they still are working on there transmitter and power isnt full yet. So now the only channels i am not able to pick up anything on are channel 34 analog and KSBI channel 52 analog I can not pick up there digital feeds, might be because they are not full power yet not sure. But Channel 34 has the same coordinates as channel 25 does they are owned by the same station. and are at the same latitude and longitude locations not sure yet what is up with these last 2 stations. and ideas???

Thanks

Bobby

Bobby C said:
So now the only channels i am not able to pick up anything on are channel 34 analog and KSBI channel 52 analog
Welcome to the forum, Bobby C!

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but VOOM receiver does not have analog tuner in it. Only digital (SD and HD). If you mean digital channels, then I suggest you go to the Installation Wizard, tune to each of those channels manually and check the signal level. (Note, that you will need to enter not the channel number, but its corresponding RF number. You can lookup RF numbers at www.antennaweb.org ).

If the cahnnels are digital and the signal is strong, but the channel scan does not pick them up, this could be caused by the broadcaster not sending PSIP data correctly. VOOM STB requires PSIP data (channel ID) unless the channel is already present in the Super-DMA map that was assigned to your box during its initial activation.

Good luck!

P.S. Just checked Antennaweb for your zip.
KOCB-DT 34.1 is RF 33
KSBI-DT 52.1 is RF 51
So, in the Installation Wizard, try tuning to 33 and 51. Check the signal strength.
FYI: Antennaweb shows 52.1 in red. Perhaps it's a low-power station.

Yes I wasnt trying to get the analog channel on the voom box but the digital and couldnt remember the digital numbers to those stations, I live in Moore, Oklahoma zip code 73160 I will try and look at your link for RF channels for those but i may not can figure it out if i cant could you please look them up and let me know them please? I do get strong signals on all my other digital channels rangeing from a low of 90-91 to a high of 99. is the RF number the frequency assignment number on antenna web web site?

Thanks again for all the help everyone has given me and i will not rest untill i have all my locals working it is my quest kinda.

Thanks
Bobby

Bobby C said:
I will try and look at your link for RF channels for those but i may not can figure it out if i cant could you please look them up and let me know them please?
I already have. See my post above. ;)
The RF number for channel KOCB-digital is 33.
The RF number for channel KSBI-digital is 51.

is the RF number the frequency assignment number on antenna web web site?
yes it is.

Good luck!

Update and Question at the bottom of my message

I contacted Channels 9,14,34,and 52's engineers yesterday. OK here goes, Channel 9's signal they said would be at full power starting today 7-1 i checked it this morning and i get a clear picture now with no breakup or loss of signal and the signal strength bar is all the way at a constant 97 now, so channel 9 should be good to go. I contacted KTBO channel 14 about the low audio on digital channel 14.1 they said they are working on getting it fixed it is a problem with a server. Channel 52 KSBI should be up and running again the engineer said they had a receiver go down and had to send it off to France for repair he said he got it back and in operation again Wednesday evening and the digital stream was back on again with PSID data included, I did a scan yesturday and my voom receiver locked on 51.1 and 51.2 just fine good strong signal now. Now i still cannot get KOCB channel 34 i get a strong signal for them on the RF frequency when i punch in there RF # on the aim antenna screen, the engineer said that the signal is there with PSID data and everything but my receiver will not scan in channel 34, he said the actual digital #'s for KOCB are 31.1 which i received my voom receiver from south carolina and i already have there local station on 31.1 etc, he said to clear those out and rescan but since these were original channels iwas told there is no way to delete them permanetly, so if that s the case i will need to get another voom receiver if i want to get channel 34. so if that is correct anyone considering purchaseing a voom receiver should do a check on what local channels the receiver was picking up from where it is comming from and if there are any that are the same as the new locals you will be adding in i would avoid buying it unless you dont care about getting that particular channel.

Thanks
Bobby

Bobby C said:
...he said the actual digital #'s for KOCB are 31.1 which i received my voom receiver from south carolina and i already have there local station on 31.1 etc, he said to clear those out and rescan but since these were original channels iwas told there is no way to delete them permanetly, so if that s the case i will need to get another voom receiver if i want to get channel 34. ...
KOCB-DT is 33, unless it just changed. 31 is assigned to a PBS station in Eufala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)