Negative skew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southtx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I am trying to get 58w on a stationary 36" dish with uln1 Lnb. the dish setting ask for a -51 skew but Lnb shows marking to -30 only. How do I get to -51.

just keep turning it :)

I know for skew for Hispast for me its -40 ish....turn it farther past 30 and once you lock in the signal fine tune it...if its not exactly 51 its ok...its whatever the skew is for the best signal :)

Thanks Ice,I will try that; I had tried measuring 0 to -30 then -30 to -60 and set about -51 but got no quality just 76 strength. Maybe, that my not be possible but I will try it alittle past -30.

For PAS 9 58w use the sky mexico 12160 h 30000 they have the strongest signals and you should lock it in that way.

Try 11477 H 26463. A lot of people use cubavison, but this one has alway been the strongest for me.

Really only need H polarity, low band on this sat. I think i've only seen one V feed in about 3 years (some german surgery :) )

I live right on the border but for the past 4 days I have been trying to get 58w but no luck. I am using a ULN1 Lnb like I mentioned but nothing I tried different transponders(11612,11960,11980) I moved setup two times to get clear line of sight but still no quality only 90 strength. I skewed between -30 to -50 but nothing. Is it that difficult to get a universal satellites. I got 91w ones but lost signal could not find it again. I am manually looking for satellite. I will try the transponders you all suggested. Thanks.

Double check your LNB settings in the Receivers Sat Setup Menu
LNB: Universal
Low L.O. - 9750
High L.O. - 10600

Are you using any switches?

My settings are correct. I have Lnb connected to Diseqc switch port to stb.

I would do this....if you have a DBS LNB laying around use that to get Dish 61.5 then switch to the Universal and get 58 since they are only 3 degrees apart there is minimal movement of the dish

Setup would be (for 61.5)
LNB LO 11250

Use transponder 12355 H 20000..that has a free channel and is strong.

Thanks Ice but I don't have a DBS Lnb but I have a standard Ku Lnb. I was going to attach and try for 63w later today due to it being about 100 degrees outside right now.

I can get a couple of clear channels from Sky Mexico here in Louisiana, but they are on the edge of being strong enough for a lock. That's with a standard LNB (the Invacom), so the frequencies are certainly off.

Thanks, I tried again today but no luck. I attempted to get 63w I connected KU Lnb directly to Stb but nothing. I will try to get a DBS and attempt 61.5w. I just don't what the problem could be.

for PAS9 you do need a Universal LNB
Don't mean to hijack this thread; but Ice, by looking at the transponder list on Lyngsat how do you know that a Satellite uses Universal LNB instead of a Linear LNB?:eek:

if the frequency is below 11700 then a Universal is needed

Fidelvision (or I guess now its Raulvision :) aka Cubavision is at 11612 so you need a Universal. They go down to 10700

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)