Neighbor can't get a a Hooper 3 upgrade

Well I talked to my dad and told him he would ha e to wait till November when his credits expired , before he could get the Flex pack and he said he was fine . Especially since he was getting $35.00 off a month till then.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

That's a huge issue with Dish .
Their CSRs.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
So, I have been vindicated :). There were a few
Update: I told my neighbor to call dish to have his dish aligned, too much rain fade. When the tech came today to align the dish, he told him the story of not being able to get an Hopper3 upgrade, he said that was crazy since he was doing updates for Hopper3 in homes like his everyday. The tech called dish and explained the situation, they then authorized him to install a hopper3. Evidently their records showed he had multiple satellites dishes even though he was currently using a Hopper w/sling and only had one dish and the programming for one dish. He never had multiple dishes. If the CSR's would have only listened to what he was telling them and had looked at his equipment and program packages there wouldn't have been a problem.
Dish needs CSR's with common sense or they will continue to run off customers. Remember he called twice and each time they got the supervisors involved but didn't listen to what he was saying or look at his records. Very sad!
So, yours truly was CORRECT? Thank you for the vindication for the benifit of OTHERS. I knew this all along, but nice to hear of the REAL REASON your neighbor was DENIED an H3. Well, it turend out multiple reflectors did "apply" as per yout post. However, it was Dish's inaccurate record keeping, not what was, in fact, on your neighbors roof. I wonder how many other subscribers were told "NO!" by Dish because of innacurate reflector count. Of course, Dish will never publically confirm this because it would tick off subscribers. Once again, thank you. No one who officially represents Dish at the proper level has ever counterd this claim (and I'm leaving other people "in the know" out of it). Charlie, Vivek, even someone at DIRT, please feel free to go on the public record and say it aint so. Of course, there will be silence. But I have no bone to pick with DIRT nor with Dish corporate officers who must stay silent for fear of losing their jobs. I still love you Dish coporate officers and all at DIRT; you both do a great service and appreciate when you do your best (despite Charlie) to keep us informed. At least in the days of the Charlie Chat and Tech Forum, Dish would cop to this and explain this to us and make a good case for a policy and let us know that new tech is on the way and ask for our patience for H3 multiple refelctor and multiple H3 installs. "Good things come to those who wiat," both Charlie and Jim would say. Fair enough. But for those who can't see what is plainly going on with H3 installs denied . . . than just ingnore us and move on.

To the OP: I get what you said at the end of your post about even the supes not "listening" to what a rational human being was telling them. I agree, they should have at least sent a tech to see for himself and confirm this. It makes me think that the employees at Dish are TERRIFIED of making the mistake and installing a multiple reflector household. This would be the tyranny of Charlie. I've already said in other posts in other therads what you said about Dish chasing away business--to the competitors--so I won't repeat my longer version of it here. I'm just glad your neighbor got what he wanted: the H3. Further, if it had not been for you, he would have never gotten the H3. You are a good person; keep up the good work. I sure would want you on my side some day :). Have a great summer. You deserve it.

Last edited:
Where he was going is his continual argument that it is a financial decision on Dish's part to allow just one H3 on an account. What he prefers to forget is that Dish is working on a new hybrid switch that will allow 2 H3s on a single dish. They are spending money on the development and testing of that switch. It is supposed to be ready for the real world by the end of the year. For the vast minority that would require more than one H3 it makes perfect business sense to move forward with the original plan of a switch rather than complete redundancy of dishes, coax, and hubs to accomplish this task.
A redundancy with its COSTS, at least until the new switch comes out later this year. Actually, you and I agree with each other. It is just that for now, Dish does no want to spend the additional money to accomadate more than 3 sats nor more than one H3 for any H3 installs. I've been down this road myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts