Nesn HD??

when will dish network get nesn hd????????
The legend goes that Dish wanted NESN to let them carry ONLY the games in HD but NESN, being the 24/7 HD channel that it is, understandably wanted Dish to carry ALL their HD content.

Dish wasn't (apparently still isn't) looking for real, full time HD RSNs.

My guess----watch what happens when Directv adds it by the end of the month. It will probably be like BTN HD=Can dish afford to lose subscribers to their rival? Also, does dish just wait it out until next spring when their new sats are up and baseball is in full swing again? I mean, what is on NESN after the sox season is over?. Look for it to be on Dish by next baseball season.

They have to compete since they do not have MLB EI! Right?

Game is on ESPN HD right now though for the next few games I believe. I haven't been blacked out or anything, so at the very least we get some HD Love, not from NESN.

A friend of mine has NESN HD on Comcast and... well.. it could be better.... But I'd still rather have NESN HD than NESN SD.

New England seems to be a small market for E*. Just look around town, there are about 10 D* to 1 E* dishes. So even if 90% of the people in New England switch to D* I do not think that will be a big dent.

It will be a long time before E* offers NESN HD.

Up here it's different because only 60% of the state has cable. Dish Network is the only carrier that has locals for this DMA, which stretches from Augusta ME to Fort Kent.

There's a lot more Dish Network Dishes, unless people really want Sunday Ticket.

Heck my city is the 2nd largest in the state and there are a ton of dishes instead of Time Warner Cable here too..

The legend goes that Dish wanted NESN to let them carry ONLY the games in HD but NESN, being the 24/7 HD channel that it is, understandably wanted Dish to carry ALL their HD content.

Dish wasn't (apparently still isn't) looking for real, full time HD RSNs.

Walt

That’s also the story I'm getting regarding MSG HD & Fox Sports NY HD. Dish does not want to dedicate 24/7 when the RSN is producing “game only” programming in HD. This really makes no sense since we have the SD versions of three already.

On the other hand SportsnetNY is producing 24/7 programming yet Dish shows only the game content.

The Dish double-talk is starting to sound a lot like the Dolan double-talk around here!

We have 4 RSN's here in NY currently broadcasting in HD (we don’t get YES at all and get SNY in HD game content only). That’s 1 out of 4 and I don’t see any Echostar RSN HD solutions on the horizon.

Even if they had additional capacity, I really believe the issues with Rainbow (MSG and FSNY) and NESN go far beyond that.

I’m a customer since the AT-40 days, but I'm about ready to jump.

Stu

My guess----watch what happens when Directv adds it by the end of the month. It will probably be like BTN HD=Can dish afford to lose subscribers to their rival? Also, does dish just wait it out until next spring when their new sats are up and baseball is in full swing again? I mean, what is on NESN after the sox season is over?. Look for it to be on Dish by next baseball season.

They have to compete since they do not have MLB EI! Right?

D* has had NESNHD for a while now.
An E* tech was out last week to add a 211 in my bedroom,he said its coming "soon".took it with a major grain of salt.my guess is next march.

So basically you're saying Never, right? :)

OUCH, Dr.....

Well, if it doesn't happen this year, then its going to take a long long time again...and, for you NESN fans, you better starting chanting for the Cubs..
IF its a Cubs-BoSox series, I hereby predict you guys will see it in HD!:eureka

I'm fine with the Cubs. I think the Cubs fans probably hate the Yankees too, and ultimately they're the real enemy.

Man did they get owned yesterday, 10-1. It's hard to believe they're the most expensive team in baseball.. :D

Pretty much.. The hell of it is that the Yankees fans are often coined as the 'Worst Fans in Baseball'. Who would want THAT title?

I was at Shea a few years ago for a Giants and Mets game. Was interesting that Mets fans are also Red Sox fans and hate the Yankees.. I had a good time. I'll have to go back when they put the new stadium in.

I went to Citizens Bank Park in Philly last month. We usually bang out a park a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts