Original poster
Jan 31, 2020
USA
See past conversations on this:
February 2018: NESN missing from my lineup
March 2018: NESN
October 2018: missing channels
June 2019: NESN missing

DIRT clearly has not fixed this issue despite their claims that they were addressing it in some of these posts. Dish phone support was all kinds of unhelpful and proceeded to waste 3 hours of my time. Lacrosse season starts next month and with games on NESN, I couldn't afford to have Dish waste weeks of my time "trying" to fix this... when I doubt they would anyway. When I called to cancel my service, the idiotic rep on the phone tried connecting this issue to the Sinclair FS regional dispute (just lol). There's only a small group of people who this channel is important enough to switch providers over, but it's flat out ridiculous that this is still an issue after at least 2 years of Dish being aware of it.

Reactions: papachops
See past conversations on this:
February 2018: NESN missing from my lineup
March 2018: NESN
October 2018: missing channels
June 2019: NESN missing

DIRT clearly has not fixed this issue despite their claims that they were addressing it in some of these posts. Dish phone support was all kinds of unhelpful and proceeded to waste 3 hours of my time. Lacrosse season starts next month and with games on NESN, I couldn't afford to have Dish waste weeks of my time "trying" to fix this... when I doubt they would anyway. When I called to cancel my service, the idiotic rep on the phone tried connecting this issue to the Sinclair FS regional dispute (just lol). There's only a small group of people who this channel is important enough to switch providers over, but it's flat out ridiculous that this is still an issue after at least 2 years of Dish being aware of it.

Hello, mmch9. Previously, NESN was available to all customers with their subscription to the Multi-Sports Pack. However there was a change to the Pack in 2017 that required the removal of several RSNs, NESN being one of them. This change went into affect for anyone that removed the Multi-Sports Pack and added it back on or added it for the first time, as it would add the new version of the Pack without those channels.

NESN is only available to customers that retain the old Multi-Sports Pack version and who live in the regional coverage area for the channel. You can find which RSNs are available in your area by searching your address information here: Request Rejected.

Reactions: zippyfrog
Hello, mmch9. Previously, NESN was available to all customers with their subscription to the Multi-Sports Pack. However there was a change to the Pack in 2017 that required the removal of several RSNs, NESN being one of them. This change went into affect for anyone that removed the Multi-Sports Pack and added it back on or added it for the first time, as it would add the new version of the Pack without those channels.

NESN is only available to customers that retain the old Multi-Sports Pack version and who live in the regional coverage area for the channel. You can find which RSNs are available in your area by searching your address information here: Request Rejected.

Thanks for confirming this. Was MASN also included in this? I noticed last time I had multi-sports pack that there was no MASN.

You might want to inform your phone support of this information. They are massively worthless. Their view was that I should have the channel and tried charging me $150 for a service call, which I knew clearly was not going to solve anything either.

Three hours of infuriatingly bad customer support ended my time with Dish. I had no intentions of changing service providers when I called either.

Reactions: AZ.

I'm the one of the thread starters and never got a straight answer from anyone, until now. I guess 3 years later is better than never. Though I do wish I could get the hours of time spent on CSR chats back...

I eventually just gave up and dealt with it. This kind of situation is what gives customer service a bad name, at the time saying "it should be there, we don't know what's going on". And regular CSR's may have truly not known, but if this new information is correct, someone in the tech support chain had to have known. Though, I guess, in the end it didn't hurt Dish. Because I'm still paying them $$$ every month.

The thing that still gets me is that according to NESN's website, the RSN (minus the live Bruins and Red Sox games) is still available nationally on Dish: NESN National

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts