Net 1 on G-28

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Fulltime? tough for me to locate! Usually quite easy! Anyone else?

EDIT--UPDATE:

MY BAD! (Hate that phrase but it fits.)

Openbox. Forgot I had to put the TP in first then scan. Long day. Found the feeds! Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
woo-hooo. nebraska pbs is back... signal intensity=83, quality=75. and widescreen. i don't know if it is hd or not. other two channels are not hd. charlie

Did they leave the DCII world of 4DTV distribution?

Not yet. It would make sense for them to do NET on DVB-S2 and Huskervision on DVB-S or DVB-S2 on the same 36 MHz and get rid of their other 36 MHz. OTOH, the other 36 MHz is probably subsidized by PBS so NET probably will continue with their 72 MHz of leased space.

It took awhile, but I did find 89W with the NET. I was using the V instead of H. Guess I was trying to hard :eek:. On my CNX-Nano v1, I have a S80/Q90. I have not tried the HD transponder yet.

No HD yet, still waiting for the microHD receiver.
That would answer my curiosity why one of the 3 channels isn't working for you! NET 1 is HD. I don't watch NET enough to know if NET 2 has most of the same things as NET 1 on a time shift or if NET 2 is more like syndicated programming while NET 1 may be more network programming. BTW, with NET 2 and 3 you also have access to NET Radio and NET HD-2 Radio.

Nope, still there as of yesterday. Hope they stay there.
I wouldn't plan on that. Usually when there is a DVB/DVB-S2 simulcast of a legacy DC2 signal, it's a kiss of death for the legacy DC2 signal. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if NET takes away the DC2 signal by the end of March after their users have had time to set up the DVB receiver. BTW, I just finished my legacy DC2 signal scan - surprisingly no signal left this past month after I had logged at least 1 signal going away per month for a few months previous to December.

That would answer my curiosity why one of the 3 channels isn't working for you! NET 1 is HD. I don't watch NET enough to know if NET 2 has most of the same things as NET 1 on a time shift or if NET 2 is more like syndicated programming while NET 1 may be more network programming. BTW, with NET 2 and 3 you also have access to NET Radio and NET HD-2 Radio.

they're different. Net2 is PBS World and Net3 is Create
.1 Main NET Programming / PBS HD
.2 NET2 PBS World
.3 NET 3 Create

I hope that NET stays in FTA mode, but was told as recently as October that the state of Nebraska was shutting down all satellite delivery by the end of January, and relying upon their existing land-based network (fiber).
We knew that the DC2 signals were going away, but the MPEG signals may be just a temporary transition.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SERIOUSLY pissed though. Normally I look at the college hockey press releases and this week I didnt...well it came back to bite me in the butt
Minnesota-Duluth hockey was in Omaha. Friday's game was on national TV but I didnt think it was on TV Saturday. After the game was over I was checking for the score and someone mentioned the webcast and linked to the NET site. Check their site and was pissed
"Watch Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks Hockey tonight against the National Champions UMD Bulldogs on NET-1 and NET-1 HD"
:mad: I missed the game and right now NET shows 70 quality on the Manhattan and 65 on the GeosatPro so I wouldnt have had issues picking it up

I just came here to see if anybody else was not getting them and I see your post.

And nope me either, everything else seems to be ok though. We had bad lighting last night and everything was left hooked up since I was not here. So I just went to bed when I got home, but first thing I did today when I turned on TV was to go to this MUX and the "no signal" message kinda worried me, but as soon as I changed to other birds all on them are fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts