Netflix 4th Quarter

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Ok, calling out all those who said this password sharing crackdown was going to hurt them, kudos to those who said it would not, mestevo, ronnie and of course, myself.

3rd quarter, also after the crackdown, added 8 million, so the sub number is going up since the crackdown started.

today, reported, adding 13.1 million subscribers during the fourth quarter, stronger growth than Wall Street expected as the streamer grows its ad-supported service and cracks down on password sharing.

Profit was $938 Million, for one quarter, over $5 Billion for all of 2023.

plus

• Revenue: $8.83 billion vs. $8.72 billion expected by LSEG.
  • Total memberships expected: 260.8 million vs. 256 million expected, according to Street Account
Now, who was the one person who keeps posting Netflix will lose subscribers and go out of business, if I name him, he will just report me again.

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
Heard they just bought WWE Raw for $500,000,000.00/year.
That also includes all WWE programming for airing outside the United States, rumor is they get the US part in 2 years.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Why is this nonsense so personal? You seem to be trying to start disagreements.
I was attacked big time for supporting Netflix decision to do so.

Password sharing is stealing, end of discussion.

Last edited:
From the shareholder letter which I also received-

“As we invest in and improve Netflix, we’ll occasionally ask our members to pay a little extra to reflect those improvements, which in turn helps drive the positive flywheel of additional investment to further improve and grow our service,” Netflix said after reporting its year-end results.

Looks like another increase is coming, probably the lower to medium tiers, since the premium tier just went up.