Netflix comes to the Hopper with Sling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With its original and exclusive content, Netflix is essentially a premium package, like HBO (but on-demand only).
From that point of view this move by Dish makes a lot of sense! Content providers (like Netflix) are interested in more distribution channels,
Service providers (like Dish Network) are looking to offer more content. And this one doesn't even consume any satellite bandwidth! ;)

Reactions: KazooGuy
That would suck. I pay $10 for it now. In 250, I would pay $131. That is about a 1200% increase. If they do that, I guess that I could drop Dish and just get Nexflix, since it is on my Blu-Ray player and AV receiver and WII.

They already paid for the Blockbuster name so I think they will continue to use it. In another thread I just posted the channel list of whats in Blockbuster at Home and looking through it the only channel I watch is Palladia. I dont use the on demand movies that much. It might be something else I cut out.

I have Hopper w/sling but I don't see the Netflix app. What do I need to do to make it appear? (or do I just need to wait?)

Blockbuster is now just a name and thats it. Its not a service anymore. Blockbuster @HOME is just an unfortunate name for a HD Addon package. But other than that Blockbuster does not exist anymore here in the USA.
Blockbuster on Demand still exists as a streaming service. You must mean the physical stores.

I have Hopper w/sling but I don't see the Netflix app. What do I need to do to make it appear? (or do I just need to wait?)
That. Scott's original post said it would be rolling out during the day.

Why not just include the Blockbuster channels in the Everything Package now. With the price of that package it needs some added channels to make it worth while. Right now it's just the Top 250 with the four premium movie channels and there are zero advantages or discounts like there use to be years ago. If they added the Blockbuster channels and didn't raise the price then they could say customers get 22 extra channels for free.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have the Netflix app on my HWS and it works better than the native UI on Hopper. It has full support for kids, profiles and multiple seasons with cover art for every episode. Nice job DISH.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
This CANT BE TRUE! It's one of the signs of the Apocalypse! Worse than anything Bob has come up with, because it's actually true! :rolleyes

I am gob-smacked.. I'd have laid money it would never happen. Is BB@H long for this world?

I'll bet this brings extra subs to Netflix in the Holiday shopping season.

I'm with you, never thought this would happen. So it makes me go hmmmmmm..... Could there be something more in the future for two companies? Talk of a takeover has been floated over the last two months since their stocks have dropped and growth has not been good. The HBO announcement didn't help. I wonder if DISH is interested in buying Netflix and using it as a platform for it's new online services? Just thinking outloud....

http://fortune.com/2014/11/18/who-could-buy-netflix/

Reactions: Stargazer
I am very impressed with the video quality and the user interface is excellent! Family members can even use their profiles. For the bug trackers, A red arrow appeared when a call came in. I have caller id enabled on the HWS. I had to completely exit out of Netflix and restart to get rid of the red arrow.

Here is the first bug. When I clicked on the Netfliz app, it took me to a sigh in page, I then clicked on sign in, but decided to exit. It ask was I sure that I wanted to exir, but when I clicked on yes, nothing happened. I pushed every button the the remote and nothing happedned. I coul not even turn the HWS off and yes I was in Sat mode. I had to reset the receiver with the button on the front of the HWS to get the receiver to work. Dish needs to fix this. Has anyone else had this happen. Try duplicating it to see.

I have 2 HWS's and Netflix works without any issues for me on both receivers. It would be great if we could download the Netflix shows onto our DVR like we can for the Blockbuster movies and watch them later.

Reactions: Stargazer
Well the best thing would be for Dish to drop BB@Home and use Netflix, so my Dish plan includes Netflix fees because you know BB@Home "kinda" sucks.

Anyhow I have it on my HwS as of this morning, But I don't have a Netflix account, because I'm paying too much for TV as it is.
The best thing would be for you to drop BB@H if you don't like it and sub to Netflix yourself. There's no reason why Dish needs to take other packages away from subscribers because a Netflix app is now available.

Reactions: Photog_7