Netflix coming to Wii

Nice.. no disc required if you have loaded homebrew on the Wii. I'm sure the homebrew folks will have a way to throw the app on an SD card and make a channel on the screen.

Kinda weird that Nintendo doesn't off the download in their store so no disc is needed.

All the old crap in my watch now is SD, and thats all I put in there. I buy BR's for re-watch movies or use Netflix disc's. I know some of you care about the HD watch now stuff, but I do not, because I used it about once/mo when I had the tivo. I just like that I'll have the option again.

Wife has watched entire series in HD via Watch Instantly. Our Wii will probably be moved to a SD TV in my little office area to play movies (it can do that now right?) and stream Netflix.

I need another Roku ;) The kids stole one of them and shuffle it back and forth for Netflix and Pandora in their rooms. I have one in my room for watching Revision3, Pandora, and Netflix. I used to watch Netflix on the 360, but my son always has the the switch flipped feeding the 360 to the playroom TV instead of the living room. I could use the HTPC, but I'm lazy and don't feel like using my wireless mouse/keyboard on the couch. The Wii will work perfect as I have that hooked up in the living room.

The Roku is pretty cool.... been playing with the SDK, toying around with grabbing different content on the net and from my network.

Not like Netflix has very many HD titles to stream anyway....so i doesn't really make a difference that the Wii is SD only.

For me most of the SD content on Netflix is so unwatchable, I will only watch HD. I know it's bad encoding, blah, blah, blah (and don't get me started on StarzPlay) but I just don't understand how streaming Hulu via PlayOn to my PS3 looks pretty near DVD quality for most SD content while the SD stuff on Netflix looks really soft, like out of focus, whether I'm watching on my PS3 or Roku or PC. A good example is the TV series "Dead Like Me."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts