Netflix Cuts Subscription Prices...

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
...in Over 30 Countries. Not the US apparently.

The streaming company’s recent price cuts span Middle Eastern countries including Yemen, Jordan, Libya and Iran; sub-Saharan African markets including Kenya; and European countries such as Croatia, Slovenia and Bulgaria.

In Latin America, nations including Nicaragua, Ecuador, and Venezuela have seen reductions in subscription costs, as have parts of Asia including Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines.

That is the price for commercial free.

Hulu at that price is not really worth it, but it allows you to bundle with Disney+ for $20, or with Disney+ and ESPN+ for $25, both Commercials Free.
IDK. We watch a lot of Hulu in my house. More than Disney or Max these days. If it wasn't free to me, I wouldn't subscribe to Max.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I heard today that now that the Writers Strike is Over, Netflix plans on Increasing its costs.

They JUST raised prices, then raised them again if you want more people on the account ... now lets raise them again ... why not. o_O :(

• Angry
Reactions: TheKrell
I heard today that now that the Writers Strike is Over, Netflix plans on Increasing its costs.

They JUST raised prices,
The last time was in January 2022, almost two years ago
then raised them again if you want more people on the account
That only affected those who were password sharing and lived at different locations, my price did not change.
... now lets raise them again ... why not. o_O :(
DirecTV/Dish goes up every year, Comcast/Spectrum goes up twice in a year, yet you complain about a service that is every two years.

And at least it is providing new content, plus in 4K.

Reactions: ncted
The last time was in January 2022, almost two years ago

That only affected those who were password sharing and lived at different locations, my price did not change.

DirecTV/Dish goes up every year, Comcast/Spectrum goes up twice in a year, yet you complain about a service that is every two years.

And at least it is providing new content, plus in 4K.
It is THE Most Expensive App out there, doing what they are.

What next, $29.99, then 34 ???

I pay by the year, you would think they would offer a discount for Annual subs, but I have yet to find any ....

$240 for something I may or may not use weekly is a lot.
I know I could go monthly, but I hate to have to log in and start up another sub everytime I want to look and see whats on ... thats why I get Annual subs when ever I can.

They Still won't take a Credit card for an Annual Sub, I have to go to a store and get a Gift Card to pay them.

It is the same price as HBOMAX, but with 4 times the content.
Do you complain this much about when DirecTV ups their price every year, with less and less content, it is the most expensive Live TV service.
I pay by the year, you would think they would offer a discount for Annual subs, but I have yet to find any ....
I am paid up until middle of next year, love using gift cards on the majority of services.
I use it a lot, expect to use it more when I drop Live TV in January.

Since it looks like no TV Season this year, glad I have it.
I know I could go monthly, but I hate to have to log in and start up another sub everytime I want to look and see whats on ... thats why I get Annual subs when ever I can.
I cannot keep track of doing something like that, if I had to pay real money instead of getting Gift Cards with my points, I properly would alternate services.
They Still won't take a Credit card for an Annual Sub, I have to go to a store and get a Gift Card to pay them.
They never have, Hulu Bundle does not either.

It is the same price as HBOMAX, but with 4 times the content.

Do you complain this much about when DirecTV ups their price every year, with less and less content, it is the most expensive Live TV service.

I am paid up until middle of next year, love using gift cards on the majority of services.

I use it a lot, expect to use it more when I drop Live TV in January.

Since it looks like no TV Season this year, glad I have it.

I cannot keep track of doing something like that, if I had to pay real money instead of getting Gift Cards with my points, I properly would alternate services.

They never have, Hulu Bundle does not either.
I see your back to your contradictory ways, ,everything I say, you say is wrong or you have a Better way .

The Majority of us don't have the option to have Gift Cards pay for every thing.

Reactions: Yespage
I see your back to your contradictory ways, ,everything I say, you say is wrong or you have a Better way .
You were incorrect. you posted they just had a price increase before the recent increase for those who password share, I looked it up and it was January 2022, almost two years ago.
The Majority of us don't have the option to have Gift Cards pay for every thing.
All you have to do is look into which Credit Card provides the best rewards for you.

Some provide better rewards for travel, mine do not, which is fine for me since I already live in weather paradise.

Like I pointed before, with my reward points, digital gift cards are the same price as buying in the store, but merchandise is way over priced.

For example, just put a new roof on my house, cost was $35,000, so I received $3500 in rewards.

So while I can get 35 $100 gift cards to Hulu, Netflix, etc, a ipad that you can get at a store for $400 cost $1500 in reward points.

So obviously, I use those points to get what saves me the most.

Yeah if they go up on Netflix any time soon and I will drop them. I barely even watch them anymore and I get the price of the standard pack in SD paid by T-Mobile. I only pay the difference between that and the HD pack. I don't pay for Ultra since I am not using it much any way.