Netflix freezing up Joey.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Three times in last 24 hrs, Netflix picture freezes, and so does Joey...completely non-responsive. Have to reset. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Reminds me of Pandora issue.

This is a know issue. Our engineers are working hard to resolve this quickly and expect a resolution within the next 10 days. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Edit to first post. Joey now becomes unresponsive without picture freeze-up. It keeps playing, but you have no control.

We are new to Dish, coming from Directv. Love the dish hopper 3 system so far but are encountering a frustrating glitch. While watching Netflix on one of the Joey's, it will freeze and become unresponsive until a hold the power button on the Joey reset is done. I see from back in September other users have experienced similar, with a promise of a 10 day software fix. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There are several Netflix related forums, so I'm not sure if this is the proper one to post this issue. Anyways, I've had a persistent issue related to Netflix (unless it's apps in general?) on my Joey 2.0's. Each day I attempt to watch Netflix, my Joey 2.0 either locks-up or reboots on its own. After a hard-reset (in the case of a lock-up) or a reboot, Netflix works great.

I typically launch Netflix by selecting 'Apps' on my 52.0 remote and choosing the Netflix app. Netflix loads and allows me to pick my profile and the show I want. However, as soon as I try to watch the show, it locks-up or reboots.

There are several Netflix related forums, so I'm not sure if this is the proper one to post this issue. Anyways, I've had a persistent issue related to Netflix (unless it's apps in general?) on my Joey 2.0's. Each day I attempt to watch Netflix, my Joey 2.0 either locks-up or reboots on its own. After a hard-reset (in the case of a lock-up) or a reboot, Netflix works great.

I typically launch Netflix by selecting 'Apps' on my 52.0 remote and choosing the Netflix app. Netflix loads and allows me to pick my profile and the show I want. However, as soon as I try to watch the show, it locks-up or reboots.

Just for jeepers, try entering channel 370 instead of going the Apps way and see what happens. It shouldn't change anything but you never know.

Just for jeepers, try entering channel 370 instead of going the Apps way and see what happens. It shouldn't change anything but you never know.

I've tried that too, but it introduced another issue (on occasion). The "370" that I enter to get to the 'Netflix Channel' will sometimes persist on the screen and I can't get rid of it!

I'll try the channel 370 method again tomorrow to see if it makes a difference...

I've had the same issue. Had to reboot the Joey last night so my daughter could watch something. It had started playing for her and then just froze. Nothing would respond except a power cord reboot of the Joey. After that everything worked fine.

Having problems as well with Netflix freezing up on my Joey 2. After several calls to Dish they have no idea what the problem is, have never had anyone report this problem, and have no one I can talk to about it. They blamed it on Netflix. I guess they don't read the internet. Netflix works fine on the Hopper 3. My best guess is that the coax line running from the Hopper 3 to the Joey 2 is too long and is losing signal. Anyone else have a very long run from the Hopper to the Joey and have problems with Netflix?

Pretty much every time we use Netflix with the Super Joey it locks up, or it continues playing with no capability to use the remote. We have to do a full reboot to get control back. Very frustrating. I have Roku devices, so I've told the kids to just use the Roku since the Dish Netflix App doesn't work and basically fails 100% of the time. Nice idea, but very poor functionality.

We're seeing the same thing on our Joeys with Hopper 3. I've also had issue with Joeys not responding after trying to run apps after nightly update. See here. I'd be interested if people are noticing this daily after nightly update. I have sort of fixed the apps freezing (long story related to router settings and I'm not 100% sure it's fully resolved), but Netflix is still freezing on first run of the day. Usually it runs for a minute or so then reboots the Joey. My personal opinion is that is has something to do with the way the Joeys reconnect to the hopper after it's nightly reboot but that's just a guess. I can also get it to happen if I reboot the Hopper without rebooting the Joeys. I have some lamp timers standing by that I still might install to reset the Joey's every morning.

We're seeing the same thing on our Joeys with Hopper 3. I've also had issue with Joeys not responding after trying to run apps after nightly update. See here. I'd be interested if people are noticing this daily after nightly update. I have sort of fixed the apps freezing (long story related to router settings and I'm not 100% sure it's fully resolved), but Netflix is still freezing on first run of the day. Usually it runs for a minute or so then reboots the Joey. My personal opinion is that is has something to do with the way the Joeys reconnect to the hopper after it's nightly reboot but that's just a guess. I can also get it to happen if I reboot the Hopper without rebooting the Joeys. I have some lamp timers standing by that I still might install to reset the Joey's every morning.

Just to followup...I've verified that the Netflix freeze is not unique to first use after nightly update like I originally thought. Like everyone else however, once the Joey resets, Netflix seems to run fine. What I don't know for sure is if rebooting the Joey every morning would help.

Same issue with my Joey. I've got the Hopper 3. Netflix will play for a couple minutes on the Joey and then completely freeze everything. No response. Have to hard reboot.

I have the same issue on my Hopper3, it plays for a minute then it it starts to buffer the show then locks up at 25%. Only a shutdown of the hopper does fixes the issue. I have a Samsung smart tv so I watch netflox from there instead

As the TS here, I have long given up on Netflix with the Hopper. It was a great attempt, which I applaud. But it isn't working across the board of users.. So, just use your Roku's (my GoTo) or other Smart components.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)