Netflix - has anyone received an extra Disc?

RobbinM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Last month Netflix announced a change in how they handle the situation if your top choice isn't available -- they ship the next disc and will send the top choice when available without counting it against your total.

Netflix Tries to Quiet Angry Blu-ray Subs?

Any anyone had this actually happen? I've not been sent an extra movie and I've had my top choice not available several times now.

I wasn't aware of the new policy. In fact, I got so tired of seeing the top of my queue cluttered with all the "Long Wait's" I recently moved those down the list in favor of titles now available or on "Short Wait's". And accordingly, I've been getting stuff at the top of my queue lately. (no extra discs)

Today would have been a perfect opportunity for them to give me that extra disc as they skipped over my top 5 choices (all on waits) to ship the next available item in my queue... but no extra disc to compensate. (I'm on the 2-at-a-time unlimited plan.)

EDIT: Op! Nevermind, I see that they'll only give that extra one at the top of your queue "when it becomes available." Since I switch the top of my queue each week depending on what's coming out, I doubt I'll ever get the one as an extra that they had skipped over the week prior.

Conveniently enough, my long awaited "Eagle Eyes" only become available when I returned a disc, so I never got it as an extra disc.

It seems like this new policy is more for publicity that anything else.

I got so far as to sign up for BlockBuster.com's mail service only to immediately show my top movies in the BB queue with the same wait times as Netflix. So I canceled BB. That little experiment lasted all of 10 minutes.

Just happened for me again. I had a Korn disc at #1, they skipped it and sent 4 other blurays. The next day I got an email saying Korn was shipping from another location. Im on the 4 out at a time, and have 5 discs sitting on my player.

:up

Just got notified of a bonus disk. Band Of Brothers, Disc 2 that got passed over yesterday. Coming from another service center. Already have two out (my limit). Cool!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts