Netflix: Lost in Space

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A couple of days ago, I was wondering when will this finally be ready on Netlix.
Last I read on this thread it was supposed to be released on February.

So, couple of days I googled to find out it is now supposed to be release in April.

Who knows for sure?

I also grew up watching the original and I loved it.

I'm not so sure all reboots of old series are good ideas, I remember now the terrible failure that 2-3 year ago, some remakes of old series suffered and were cancelled after a few episodes.

Charlie's Angels (ABC) and Ironside (NBC) were some of those I remember now.

Anyway, still looking forward to this reboot, just because it was one of my faves as a kid.

I'm not so sure all reboots of old series are good ideas, I remember now the terrible failure that 2-3 year ago, some remakes of old series suffered and were cancelled after a few episodes.

What about the Lost In Space movie from 1998? That was pretty awful IMHO.

What about the Lost In Space movie from 1998? That was pretty awful IMHO.

I agree with you,

In my case, I guess that once I got to know the original series, I could rarely consider a remake (be it a movie or reboot tv series) up to par with the original I fell in love with. For example and thank heavens there hasn't been a Columbo remake, I could never picture Columbo with anybody but Peter Falk.

Now that I see Robby, and going off a bit from topic, Forbidden Planet and The Invisible Boy were great movies IMO.

I guess it shouldn't surpised me that Robby the Robot was sold for more than 5 million dollars, on November last year.

This is actually the second attempt to remake this series. Fox did a pilot a few years back. it may still be on youtube. they actually bought the rights to all of the old Irwin Allen series. i think they did broadcast the Time tunnel pilot but rejected the series because they thought it looked too much like Stargate. to be honest I think Stargate looked like the time tunnel but this was Fox thinking.

BTW it explored the idea of the time travel making subtle changes to the timeline. For instance after their first "leap" we discovered that a red traffic light meant go and that Boston had two American League teams one of which was named the Boston Yankees.

Well after a long wait, I'm ready.to give this reboot a try.

As someone mentioned above the final release date is April 13 and I read that starting at 3 AM (East) all 10 episodes will beavaila ble.

New reboot series “Lost in Space” on Netflix this coming Friday. It will premier and all 13 episodes will be available to watch. Used to love this show when I was a kid , still watch the reruns on Metv .

Danger !Danger! Will Robinson!

Reactions: TheKrell
Guess I'll have to check it out this weekend.
On the plus side, can't be as bad as the original. :D

Okay, the original wasn't too bad, it just wasn't good, and no where near must watch, even if it had cliff hangers all the time.

The movie though, was AWFUL.

Last edited:
I think the working title of the original series was "Space Family Robinson". And yeah, the Irwin Allen shows all had horrible monster suits.

Well. There goes any chance of me being productive this weekend...

Reviews I've read have been all over. I'll be travel the beginning of next week so I downloaded the first few episodes to try out.

I'm into the 3rd episode and enjoying it so much.

I just have to keep reminding myself not to expect exactly the same things, character interactions, etc., the original show had. ;)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
After watching 5 episodes I agree with comment above, and I also agree with comments I've read saying this reboot doesn't really do honor to the original series.

Having grown up watching and loving the original series, I can't help to compare this one with the original.

Dr. Smith, - I don't like this new one, not a bit.

Robot - Even though this new one is more human like in form (a transformer really) the original one was more human, it was fun to see the old robot engaging in discussions with Dr. Smith, this new robot can only say 3 words: Danger Will Robinson.

This new series IMO, doesn't have the funnny moments, and spark that made the original one so attractive to small children and grown ups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts