Netflix Prices Increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I received the email from Netflix notifying me of a $2 Price Increase on Christmas Day, Ho, Ho, Ho!
(It’s probably just my Billing Cycle, but still…)

Anyway, they are increasing my Netflix from $15.99/mo to $17.99/mo. I checked my streaming history and the last time I watched anything on Netflix was in August. So, time to binge my last Netflix shows since my CC Autopay kicked in yesterday. I have a reminder to cancel Netflix set for December 23.

I’ve been holding off on getting Disney+ for a while, so I will probably start sending money to the Mouse and find out about that Kid Yoda thing everybody memes about. ;)

Reactions: stardust3
I hear Hulu is running a Black Friday special for their limited commercials plan. Just $1.99 a month for 12 months. I think I will try it and see how it compares to Netflix. Netflix is getting expensive.

I received the email from Netflix notifying me of a $2 Price Increase on Christmas Day, Ho, Ho, Ho!

Anyway, they are increasing my Netflix from $15.99/mo to $17.99/mo. I checked my streaming history and the last time I watched anything on Netflix was in August. So, time to binge my last Netflix shows since my CC Autopay kicked in yesterday. I have a reminder to cancel Netflix set for December 23.

I’ve been holding off on getting Disney+ for a while, so I will probably start sending money to the Mouse and find out about that Kid Yoda thing everybody memes about. ;)
Its ehhh...netflix has a lot more stuff...just not the disney stuff...disney is good for a month or 2 or a 6 month free trial

Reactions: KAB
I have pointed this out before, there is a big way to save money on Netflix and the other streaming services...Gift Cards.

They always go on sale from now till xmas, for example CBS All access GC are on sale at Best Buy this weekend at 15% off, soon all of the service’s cards will go on sale this season, happens every year.

The other option is certain credit cards give reward points which I use towards the cards, both Capital One and Amazon gives me 5% back, since I use those cards for all my bills and supplies ( and thanks to a recent move) I have built up enough that paid for all my streaming services for more then a year now, YTTV paid up for a year, both NETFLIX and HULU until 2022.

The only ones I paid real money for, HBO when Best Buy had the cards 40% off a year ago, paid up until April, 2021, Disney+, prepaid that for 3 years when they had that deal for $140 and Prime, but the video is the bonus, I have Prime for the shipping.

Reactions: ncted
I hear Hulu is running a Black Friday special for their limited commercials plan. Just $1.99 a month for 12 months. I think I will try it and see how it compares to Netflix. Netflix is getting expensive.
Hulu does not even come close to Netflix. I had it a while and hardly watched it.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
At $2 a month (actually $2.15 with tax) it's worth it to me for the couple of programs I'd like to watch. I wouldn't pay any more for them.

We have both Hulu and Netflix, but honestly find that we use Hulu far more often.
I guess it depends on what you want to watch. For original series, Netflix is the way to go, but I find that I use it for little else.
The wife uses Hulu for a lot of her network shows, even favoring it over the TiVo with antenna or yttv dvr.

I just ditched Netflix over the combo of the price increase and the fact that my interest in their programming dropped significantly this year. A few good originals, but just didn't have a lot that I wanted to watch otherwise. I just signed up for the Hulu Black Friday deal. I have found a lot of things on Tubi and Pluto that will keep be busy for a while, so could be some time before I consider a return to Netflix (if I go back).

We have both Hulu and Netflix, but honestly find that we use Hulu far more often.
I guess it depends on what you want to watch. For original series, Netflix is the way to go, but I find that I use it for little else.
The wife uses Hulu for a lot of her network shows, even favoring it over the TiVo with antenna or yttv dvr.
Since we binge TV shows when their season is up, we use Hulu a lot, not just for Broadcast Network, but Cable shows also, FX in particular.

Just bought a $100 Gift Card for CBS All Access at Best Buy for $85, signed up for the year ($99 for Commercial Free), will use that the same way, also get caught up on Star Trek, very behind on everything because of the move.

With Netflix's price increases and the two-to-three year churn of most of their original shows (at least the ones I care about), I dropped Netflix last spring and will only sign up for a month or two (hopefully with a free month or other promo deal) to watch a couple of must-watch shows (like The Witcher).

I'm currently on a 12-month promo rate for HBO Max ($12/mo.), which I can cancel anytime; a one-year commitment to Peacock for only $25; a two-month promo for Showtime at $1/mo.; and CBS All Access (I've exhausted special deals ATM and am paying $10/mo to finish out this season of Discovery). Those four along with my annual Amazon Prime membership means I wouldn't even have time for Netflix at half the price.

TBH, I've pretty much run out of stuff to watch on CBSAA, other than Star Trek, and on Showtime (I can pick up my binge of Ray Donovan on Peacock). But I've got plenty to look forward to on HBO Max and Peacock (and Prime — I'm so behind). And I'll do my usual annual rotation of Hulu in the coming months. And I'll hit up Disney+ for the first time for a month or two as well to check out Mandalorian.

I made a reminder to myself to cancel Netflix before it renews tomorrow and so I watched the Clooney film "Midnight Sky". I should have cancelled earlier, this is an avoidable movie. Sure, the SFX were great eye candy, but it a depressing movie.

Buh-bye…

I'm keeping my Netflix sub. There is one thing I wish they would address though. I cant tell you how many times I'll be watching a series and Netflix will yank it without notice before I'm finished. Prime video does the same thing and it really ticks me off.

I'm keeping my Netflix sub. There is one thing I wish they would address though. I cant tell you how many times I'll be watching a series and Netflix will yank it without notice before I'm finished. Prime video does the same thing and it really ticks me off.
I've seen both of those as well as Hulu display a warning that a show would be leaving the service and when.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

I just cancelled my Disney Plus a few days ago. I seldom watched. I still have Amazon Prime , Hulu , PureFlix, and the free Peacock. I’m going to cancel PureFlix next October as I paid for a year.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Since we binge TV shows when their season is up, we use Hulu a lot, not just for Broadcast Network, but Cable shows also, FX in particular.

Just bought a $100 Gift Card for CBS All Access at Best Buy for $85, signed up for the year ($99 for Commercial Free), will use that the same way, also get caught up on Star Trek, very behind on everything because of the move.
Wish I had seen the discounted CBS AA ...

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime for the year ...
I don't always use either for shows, but when I want to pull something up to watch, its there and I don't have to go thru the process of signing up for each everytime I want to see what might be on.

I'll turn on Hulu for the Orville when it comes on ... oh wait, I have Hulu on already with my Verizon plan along with Disney+ (which I haven't watched and probably won't).

I may in a few weeks turn on HBO Max to finish watching Flight Attendant ... I've seen the first episode, it was Ok, not great, but not bad and I wanted to see Kaley.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)