Netflix Raises Fees for Blu-Ray...AGAIN!!!

Im just amazed they are offering BR's at $1/disk too, Im sure it wont last. Price is not a big thing with me and Netflix, even though this last hike did make me mad, it wasnt the dollar amount. Its the fact we get throttled, the long waits I see on BR's, the $1 increase and now the larger price increases.

Im willing to over look lossless audio is I can have a movie for a decent price, when I want to watch it. I thought I had this with Vudu, but Vudu has some black issues I wasnt happy about, maybe Amazon HD will be better.

As promised earlier in the thread, I have started my weekly cinema trips again to our new dinner cinema. Flicks like Knowing and Fast and Furious 4 arent home runs, but its fun to get the wife out and eat a good meal while watching a flick, regardless of the price.

I'll be curious to see where Redbox is at with locations and BR by the end of 2009. We've already seen a boom in VOD HD the last two years, and between the two, they could end optical media.

I am sure RB is holding at a dollar because they want to be well positioned if BB goes under. It is a good argument against standing in line to get a pimply adolescent to swipe your card. That's a bit harsh, I know..but I think video is going more towards being a personal endeavor, where more people know what they want, and they want it now. I don't think browsing in a video store after dinner out is as popular anymore.

If it was not NF, I would definitely go the RB route. As it is, I now have Amazon streaming as another back up to NF rentals and streams, not to mention all the movies I can get via Dish.
The only thing missing is time to watch just some of it....

well, its time to update this thread, after our two month trial period we decided to stick with netflix, blockbuster was nice at the brick and mortar store but so many times we had to settle for the dvd version instead of bluray as it would be out of stock, also somehow I was billed over on my card and I really dont want to get into billing errors...so we cancelled blockbuster and returned to our old qeue at netflix, streaming seems to have alot more movies and that is one area where I REALLy wish netflix would improve, maybe not have NEW releases on streaming but bring them to streaming faster.

In the past few months I've furthered my "commitment" to Netflix by purchasing a Roku and buying a PlayOn license. There's just not much on regular TV until mid-September, so this will enable me to get more movies and TV shows without increasing my number of discs with Netflix.

PlayOn also of course gives me access to Hulu and YouTube's new selection of TV shows/movies and by year's end Roku is slated to add 10 new channels (no word on what they'll be but likely not Hulu in spite of what Hugh Hefner says ;) ).

I'm on my 2 week free trial, but I am totally satisfied.

I just got a new 50" plasma and a Blu-Ray player as well a a Roku set top box. Yes, my Netflix is $2 more for the 1 dvd out at a time, but as it stands now I can get up to 3 dvds a week since they go from the post office in my city to the post office in my city. I returned a dvd on Tuesday and by Wednesday morning I was notified that it was received and later today I was notified that my next dvd was sent out and I will get that tomorrow. If I watch and return that one tomorrow I will get another on Saturday.

To me though it is the Roku box with its thousands of online streaming videos that I can watch that look good even on my 50" plasma. Sure, it is not HD, but then I am not a HD, Blu-Ray snob and I watch programming for its content and not exclusively for PQ. I get great HD video with the Blu-Ray dvds that I am getting and the 480p streaming video looks fine to me. Plus, with the Roku box I rented "The Day the Earth Stood Still" from Amazon for $1.99 and I enjoyed that too.

So for $11 a month from Netflix I am getting up to 12 Blu-Ray dvds as well as having thousands of hours of online streaming movies, tv series, and documentaries available. I consider that a good deal since I do not have to pay for cable or satellite and get my HD tv free and ota.

Wait until the free trial ends. Since then, most everything gets on the wait list. I just got the Wrestler last Friday. Been out what a month? Why the **** are we paying for BD access when most everything gets on the wait list?

S~

Aint that that the truth. BB online still gives long and short wait but they dont skip the movie. Usuall, if it says "wait", they still send it anyhow. Main thing is its cheaper, and If im gonna get screwed on waits, Id rather pay less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)