Netflix Raises Fees for Blu-Ray...AGAIN!!!

I'm kinda ticked. I don't see the real justification.

"Blu-rays cost more" Bull-frakking-crap. Blu-rays now cost what DVD's did only a couple years ago. They didn't charge more for the service then, did they? Now DVD's (still 90% of their business, btw) cost way less, partly due to the pressure from Blu-ray.

Maybe they should lower the price of DVD-only subs at the same time? Anyone think they will do that? I didn't think so.

Grab your ankles, Blu-ray lovers.

Along that same line of thinking, when Blu-Rays start to get cheaper for everyone to buy, are they going to roll back the cost?? You KNOW that ain't happenin'!

There was already talk of a streaming only fee, I think this will help push us towards that when it hits. We're on a 1-2 movies a month pace at the moment, so paying extra isn't deferred much per disc.

Just a $1 bump, but makes it feel kinda petty since I just started paying an extra $1 just a few months ago.

I think it's time for us to make a statement. All of us talking on here will not get our message across. I call for all of you to make your voices heard with your wallet. I cancelled and maybe if all of us on here cancel to they might get some kind of message out of it.

I have the 1 out at a time plan, plus streaming. That gets me 4-6 BR movie a months. Still much cheaper than my local Blockbuster, which is the only one in my area that even has BR movies. What's the chance Redbox will start renting Blu Ray? But, my local Blockbuster has a 19.99 a month plan. 1 out at a time, movie or game. I may look into that again, since they're 5mins away.

well I am downgrading to one out a time or going over to blockbuster (which happens to be about a block away, and by a pizza shop and ice cream store, perfect date night :).) this is crazy and to be honest i Had a hard time paying the 15 a month for 2 out at a time (with tax.) plus blu ray fee, so this made my decision alot easier of what to do.

I have the 1 out at a time plan, plus streaming. That gets me 4-6 BR movie a months. Still much cheaper than my local Blockbuster, which is the only one in my area that even has BR movies. What's the chance Redbox will start renting Blu Ray?

I just rented a BR from redbox over the weekend for $1

redbox

Blockbuster Online

Hey guys, i use Blockbuster Online and have the 3 out at a time plan for $19.99 a month which includes Blu-ray. Right now they don't charge extra for Blu-ray. I usually get my movies within 1-2 days. I have been with this plan for 5 years and love it. But with the way the economy is right now, I'm certain they'll follow Netflix's lead.

I currently have the 3 discs at a time deal which is going to be $20.99.I know its a little more to pay but it sure beats the premium channels.HBO,CINEMAX STARZ and SHOWTIME show the same stuff over and over again:mad:.At least with Netflix you can get new movies in BLURAY and get unlimited rentals.I dont like the BLURAY price increase either but its alot cheaper than the premium channels.I wish netflix would hurry up and get more watch now HD content.:)I realize its the studios holding that up though:mad:

I just signed up with a 2 week free promotion to Netflix. I went with the 2 out at a time Unlimited with Bluray.
$16 99 per month isn't that bad.
I heard all you guys bragging how much better Netflix is then Premiums , and Now I just Signed up finally, And now your all complaining about Netflix. I don't get it! What did it go up? $1?

I currently have the 3 discs at a time deal which is going to be $20.99.I know its a little more to pay but it sure beats the premium channels.HBO,CINEMAX STARZ and SHOWTIME show the same stuff over and over again:mad:.At least with Netflix you can get new movies in BLURAY and get unlimited rentals.I dont like the BLURAY price increase either but its alot cheaper than the premium channels.I wish netflix would hurry up and get more watch now HD content.:)I realize its the studios holding that up though:mad:
I agree. If the premium channels ever start showing new releases sooner, I may switch.

I am doing 2 at a time, and rarely if ever visit any video rental store, so I am going to wait it out a bit. One reason I will not switch right away is who knows if other providers will not be doing the same thing?

This may be the tip of the iceberg.

There has been a lot of recent b*#ching about BD prices, but I figured that pertained primarily to retail prices. But it seems large volume purchases must also be higher, even if they seem dirt cheap per disk.

I just signed up with a 2 week free promotion to Netflix. I went with the 2 out at a time Unlimited with Bluray.
$16 99 per month isn't that bad.
I heard all you guys bragging how much better Netflix is then Premiums , and Now I just Signed up finally, And now your all complaining about Netflix. I don't get it! What did it go up? $1?

yeah but we already paid an increase before for adding blurays to the account. i'm noticing blockbuster doesn't charge extra for blurays but i want to make sure the selection is as good. and yes i prefer this than paying for premiums. you did good hemi signing up;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts