Netflix Raises Fees for Blu-Ray...AGAIN!!!

I dropped Netfix about two months ago and switched to Blockbuster. We don't have a way to view Blu-ray at this time (wife wants new counter tops before she'll let me replace the TV in the faminly room with something that will play 1080p) so we only get regular DVD's.

I had the two-at-a-time unlimited plan at Netflix because there are rarely any weeks that more then two good videos would be released. On those few occasions when more then two did come out I'd get two of the videos and the third would end up on long wait. I'd call to complain about the long waits (some would remain in my queue for a few months) and finally when someone I worked with who also has Netflix put a couple of my long wait movie titles in their queue and got them immediately while they remained on long wait in my queue I decided to drop Netflix.

I signed up for the free month of Blockbuster to test it's service (two at a time plan) and plugged in some of my long wait titles and got them right away. For new releases I get them two at a time. On those weeks where more then two new releases came out, I think I only waited three days to get the next new release.

I was always happy with Netflix until they started 'throttling' my account. I've been happy with Blockbuster so far.

Looks the same price to me.

true.with bluray included for the one at a time netflix is a dollar cheaper. 2 at a time is the same price and three at a time block buster is a dollar cheaper so maybe it's not such a big deal after all

How much is the Blockbuster service with 4 out at a time? Do they have limits on how many per month?

Does it include games? :D

Pick Your Plan
1 dvd
2 DVDs per month
2 free in-store exchanges per month - get new releases even faster!*
Discounted in-store game rentals
No extra charge for Blu-ray
$9.99 a month
FREE two week trial

1dvd
Unlimited DVDs through the mail
2 free in-store exchanges per month - get new releases even faster!*
$11.99 a month
FREE two week trial

2 dvd
3 free in-store exchanges per month - get new releases even faster!*
$16.99 a month
FREE two week trial

3 dvd
5 free in-store exchanges per month - get new releases even faster!*
$19.99 a month
FREE two week trial

NETFLIX SCREEN.jpg

BLOCKBUSTER.jpg

no. with the mail only plan from blockbuster you would pay 13.99

yep hes right, with total access you can do the store thing, but with mail only its a no go for store access, so for me it boils down to streaming old/kids movies to my 360 or the freedom to go to my local blockbuster and switch movies out.

i also noticed just now that you can buy used blurays with block buster while netflix only sells used dvd's