Netflix stopping Password Sharing is a big positive for 2nd Quarter

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
For all those that said Netflix would be hurting because of making people pay for the service, think again-

The streaming giant said it added 5.9 million customers during the second quarter amid its broader crackdown on password sharing in the U.S. Netflix said it would roll out its new sharing policy to the rest of its customers on Wednesday.

Revenue 2nd Quarter 2022 $7.97 Billion

Just reported, 2nd Quarter Revenue 2023 $8.2 Billion

Earnings: $3.29 a share. That may not compare with the $2.86 per share expected by Refinitiv.

Net Income ( Profit) 2nd Quarter 2022 $1.44 Billion

Net Income ( Profit) 2nd Quarter 2023 $1.50 Billion

You know all the other streaming providers are keeping a close eye on this.
As they should.

Personally I do not have an issue with it as long as I can travel with the minimum of disruption. Outside of that, to the people that already pay, for most of them, this was never a big issue outside of a knee jerk reaction to overblown news.

The ones it mainly upset, with a few outliers, are the people that werent paying to begin with. Some of them are now.

One wonders how profitable these streaming services would be if every household that is using them actually paid for them.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
One wonders how profitable these streaming services would be if every household that is using them actually paid for them.
We might just find out after the Netflix data is fully digested.

We live in a world where it is pretty easy to get caught password sharing, I believe by the end of next year, it will be fully implemented by everyone.

While I wasn't paying attention, my HD sub went from 4 streams to 2. If I add my daughter (who is about to go back to college) to my account, will the total number of streams go up to 3?

While I wasn't paying attention, my HD sub went from 4 streams to 2. If I add my daughter (who is about to go back to college) to my account, will the total number of streams go up to 3?
HD has been two streams for a while now, 4K gets 4 streams, if you do the add on, it is one extra from either tier from what I have read.

Added another 2.6 Million in July.

I now will declare easy Password Sharing is soon to be dead, because of Netflix success in handling it, all streaming services will be cracking down.

Reactions: mackie99 and ncted