Sunday Ticket on YouTube NO THANKS

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
I switched from cable to Directv many years ago because of the sports programming available especially Sunday Ticket. We have enjoyed watching out of market games throughout the years,but all good things must come to an end. I will not purchase You Tube just for that package. I think that they and the NFL will find it to be a losing proposition in the long run. There are enough games on the stations that I get to keep me satisfied. I guess that it still will be good for fans that live out of market, but question if there are enough of them to pay the bills.

Reactions: Juan
I switched from cable to Directv many years ago because of the sports programming available especially Sunday Ticket. We have enjoyed watching out of market games throughout the years,but all good things must come to an end. I will not purchase You Tube just for that package. I think that they and the NFL will find it to be a losing proposition in the long run. There are enough games on the stations that I get to keep me satisfied. I guess that it still will be good for fans that live out of market, but question if there are enough of them to pay the bills.
First off, You Tube/Google did not take it away from DirecTV,.

DirecTV choose not to bid on it, since they are down to 8.5 Million Satellite subs from a high of 22 Million in 2016, it was not a financial good idea for them to keep ST.

Last, you do not need to buy You Tube (TV) for ST, they sell it separately, just a couple of month ago, it was $50-100 cheaper, now it is $389 without Redzone/$439 with-only $39 more then DirecTV with RZ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby and harshness
First off, You Tube/Google did not take it away from DirecTV,.

DirecTV choose not to bid on it, since they are down to 8.5 Million Satellite subs from a high of 22 Million in 2016, it was not a financial good idea for them to keep ST.

Last, you do not need to buy You Tube (TV) for ST, they sell it separately, just a couple of month ago, it was $50-100 cheaper, now it is $389 without Redzone/$439 with-only $39 more then DirecTV with RZ.
The crowd that got reduced/free sunday ticket from directv isn't really interested in paying full price for it...they just enjoyed it as a perk from directv

The crowd that got reduced/free sunday ticket from directv isn't really interested in paying full price for it...they just enjoyed it as a perk from directv

He did not say that in his post, just that he enjoyed it.

But if so, being mad about no longer getting something for free , specially Sunday Ticket, which costs DirecTV $1.5 Billion , is idiotic.

But if so, being mad about no longer getting something for free , specially Sunday Ticket, which costs DirecTV $1.5 Billion , is idiotic.
It sure as hell wasn't FREE. I paid for it every year. So your point was unnecessary and untrue.

Reactions: SamCdbs
It sure as hell wasn't FREE. I paid for it every year. So your point was unnecessary and untrue.
I did not say you did, that was Juan, I even pointed out that was not part of your post.

Here-

I know it was mentioned in the thread, but after reading your posts, I figure it bears repeating.

If you do, and you may not, have the internet to handle streaming, you can buy ST without buying YouTube tv.

In which case you might even save money vs what you paid for it with Directv.

It’s different for certain, and there should be clarification about it all.

Reactions: Yespage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts