Netflix vs BB Online after the BR fee

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Before I went to vudu for 6 weeks or so, I had started using BB online at 3 out and Netflix at 2 out per month because I was unhappy with Netflix.

Has anyone seen an improvement in Netflix since they started charging everyone a dollar for BR?

I know Swanni wrote a pissed off article about them a week or so ago.

They've started charging everyone $1 for blu-ray? Holy $hit! You would think they would at least send an email announcing that... Time to go back through my CC statements and then place a phone call.

Yeah, I thought everyone new it was coming.

Before I quit, I noticed BB Online would take two days to rcv movies, but only one to get back. Netflix did both ways on 1, but BB gave me newer releases quicker.
I try and time it so if a new release is comming out tuesday then I return a movie so it is received monday. They usually send out the new release to me on monday and I receive it tuesday.

Im usually 2-3 weeks behind, so thats not an issue. What was happening is, my first 5 BB and NF movies were short wait. BB would send me on of those, NF would just sit there. After a month or so, I may make them both 2 at a time and see what happens.

I got the email from Netflix a few weeks before they raised the price for BD. So did my GF.

Last spring, the only way for me to get any BD released within the past three months from BB was to get it in-store with Total Access, which became a pain when the store shortened its rental period, so I switched back to Netflix several months ago. I use the same strategy as teamerickson to get the new releases, but have no problem getting anything else. Turn around time is 48 hours (Mon.-Sat.) from the time I drop a movie in the mail. I'm also enjoying Netflix streaming and can't wait for them to expand the HD selection and offer it on the Roku so I can justify picking one up finally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)