Thinking of buying a blu-ray player.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
I was thinking of getting a blue-ray player, but my TV only displays 1080i, and only component connections, no HDMI.

Is it a waste of my money getting the blue-ray player since it doesn't go to 1080p, or will it still look great.

I was looking at this one.

Sony - Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output - BDP-S350

Is this a good one without spending a lot of money?

Thanks for any help.

Yes,thats a good one and your TV may not get the full benefits but if you buy one you will be all set for your next TV which will be a 1080P.And don't get me wrong, you will see a major difference in picture quality even on your 1080i.Thats all I have in my projection TV also.

I was thinking of getting a blue-ray player, but my TV only displays 1080i, and only component connections, no HDMI.

Is it a waste of my money getting the blue-ray player since it doesn't go to 1080p, or will it still look great.

I was looking at this one.

Sony - Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output - BDP-S350

Is this a good one without spending a lot of money?

Thanks for any help.

I saw this in Slick Deals, at an even better price than BB ($200).
http:www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665368427

Use ecoupon code: DISCOVER50BR
Lowers the price to $150+tax, free shipping

They are now on back order, however Sony usually gets stock back in a few days. They're still taking orders.
I ordered when it was on back order and have a ship date of tomorrow(11/28)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)