Network ABC hd on directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Weird..Here is what my Programming Service is listed as...

Programming Service
HD Package
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS with Locals
HBO and CINEMAX
Additional Receiver
1 Year Commitment_1929
1 Year Commitment

I get CBS and NBC HD channels but you can see that it doesn't list that. I wonder why some people have those channels listed and others do not???

Hmm. Just shows "ABC from LA_*" I'm in an O&O white area, so here's hoping!

Awesome....
mine lists ABC HD as well...I hope it happens soon!

NFL Sunday Ticket 2004
HD Package
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS with Locals
Additional Receiver
Network: ABC HD_*
Network: NBC HD_*
Network: FOX HD_*
Network: CBS HD_*
1 Year Commitment

tobwco said:
I cannot find anything that states ABCHD. Only lists what I already have. So you guys must be seeing things :)

Here is what I have listed:
Programming Service
HD Package
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS
Network: FOX from NYC/LA_*
Network: ABC from NYC/LA_*
Network: NBC from NYC/LA_*
Network: CBS from NYC/LA_*
1 Year Commitment

you have waivers for all the networks or you live in a "white area".... you'll get ABC-HD when its added. My description is the same as yours and i got NBC-HD when it was launched as well as the FOXHD/MLB Playoffs when they went live.

the-sloth said:
you have waivers for all the networks or you live in a "white area".... you'll get ABC-HD when its added. My description is the same as yours and i got NBC-HD when it was launched as well as the FOXHD/MLB Playoffs when they went live.

Yes I'm in "white area". Actually house i live in is not in "white area" but my ahhh hemm rental house is in "white area" 6 miles south of me. So no waivers needed :)) .Sounds good to me. Is Lost in HD? Bring it on.

the-sloth said:
whats the significance of jan 6th?

This is probably a reference to a few things happening all at once:

1) NFL regular season ends; no more Sunday Ticket HD bandwidth hogging
2) ESPN2 HD goes live (ESPN and ABC are both owned by Disney)

Although I think this is pure speculation, I agree that something momentous may occur around this day. Who knows... ESPN2, ABC, TNT, maybe even a few more premium movie channels, all in HD on DirecTV...?

--Dino

While remaining hopeful I am confused why DirecTV keeps things so hush hush. You'd think they'd want to promote new HD stations being added. I didn't even know FoxHD was up if it wasn't for checking in here once in awhile. this has been thesame story with other HD channels that have been added in the past. Why don't they at least use the otherwise useless "Message" feature to break the news. Two Thumbs Down for DirecTVs marketing. I'll take one thumb away once ABC-HD is up.

> I am confused why DirecTV keeps things so hush hush.

That's just the way it worked. It will not announce things _officially_ until it goes live. That way, they minimize the chances of scrambling at the last minute.

> You'd think they'd want to promote new HD stations being added. I didn't even know FoxHD was up if it wasn't for checking in here once in awhile.

The DirecTV's website has been showing small banners for Fox-HD. I guess since only those HD viewers (small to start with) in Fox's O&O markets can get it even if people are willing to, it does not make sense for them to spend too much on promoting it. But, it's there on their website.

Hong.

Has anyone heard if ABC-HD will be on before this weekend?

hdtvtechno said:
I have a bet that its gonna be on after January 6 :)

Since DIRECTV Sunday Ticket ends on January 2 and ESPN2 HD is launching on January 6 :)

I kinda hope your wrong, because I would like to see the Bowl games in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts