Network East & West Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brucec87

Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
I am here in Santa Fe, NM, and new to DirecTV. I have the HD pkg and picked up a used hr10-250 because I am used to TIVO. It seems to work fine w/ my Sony XBR1. My question is that I see the network E and W feeds, but when I select one, I get a "you have not purchased this channel" message. The problem is that I do not see these offered anywhere online or in the printed literature. What is the key to getting access to these channels. Calling DTV takes lots of time and patience so I have not tried that yet.

:confused:

I am here in Santa Fe, NM, and new to DirecTV. I have the HD pkg and picked up a used hr10-250 because I am used to TIVO. It seems to work fine w/ my Sony XBR1. My question is that I see the network E and W feeds, but when I select one, I get a "you have not purchased this channel" message. The problem is that I do not see these offered anywhere online or in the printed literature. What is the key to getting access to these channels. Calling DTV takes lots of time and patience so I have not tried that yet.

:confused:

If you are in any area that has local channels available by Sat or OTA antenna you will not be able to recieve any of them.
If you can give us a zip code we can find exactly what you are able to get.

Jimbo

Welcome to SatelliteGuys, Pretty much all of NM is in the Albuquerque DMA and our HD locals were supposed to come up before the end of the year. But 2 of the 4 big networks, KASA and KRQE are owned by LIN and I believe they are holding up the deal as they won't let D* ( or E*) broadcast those channels in HD...

According to the DirecTV web site, I have locals (which I do get), but not HD. Since I do have the local channels available, am I correct in assuming that the HD Network feeds from the East and West Coast are not available to me?

According to the DirecTV web site, I have locals (which I do get), but not HD. Since I do have the local channels available, am I correct in assuming that the HD Network feeds from the East and West Coast are not available to me?

Yes.
Unless you call them and get extremly lucky and can get a HD wavier, but this rarely happens.

Jimbo

I can get locals here but I qualify for 2 distant networks. I wonder if I can get one because pic quality is sh*t on the "local" channel. So for 1.50 I wonder if they would add it since I qualify. With bowl season coming up I shouldn't have to watch a channel where you can't tell the score of the game because of poor PQ.

I can get locals here but I qualify for 2 distant networks. I wonder if I can get one because pic quality is sh*t on the "local" channel. So for 1.50 I wonder if they would add it since I qualify. With bowl season coming up I shouldn't have to watch a channel where you can't tell the score of the game because of poor PQ.

You can give it a try, they can't say NO if you never call, call and find out. I have heard very little about the Significanltly Viewed channels they were talking about earlier in the year, that too, may be somehting thet will become available once the new sats get up and running.

Jimbo

East and West Feeds

Like to add my 2-cents worth. Being a long-time DirecTv customer, I have been able to keep my ABC,CBS,NBC and FOX channels both East and West. They tell me I am "grand-fathered".

I have the East/West feeds because my service is in a motor home. When I got HD, I called to get that added, and they incorrectly submitted waiver requests at my billing address. I eventually got that corrected, but the part that's pertinent to this discussion is that one station (the ABC affilliate) actually approved the waiver. You'll never know if you can get a waiver until you ask DirecTV to submit it for you.

Note that DirecTV policy is to only provide one coast HD, the one nearest to your billing or service address. So, in my case, I get SD from both coasts, but HD from LA only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)