Network Move?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We still have ABC, FOX, UPN, WB. It just meens the search is on to find NBC and CBS now.

"The networks are not Equity stations."
I was thinking it might of been a failure with part of the satellite itself, and not the uplink stations.

NBC is up there too... the only network left to find on KU is CBS, and that too will appear. I agree that doomsdayers should find another hobby...lol ... We all get enough doom and gloom courtesy of the media. Have you all seen that character on Saturday Night Live? ... Debbie Downer? When a station moves on, take it as an invitation to explore to find some other interesting shows. Last night, I searched some sats that I hadn't even bothered to search yet and found some great things!.

I still feel very hopful that FTA will get bigger and better as time goes by!! :)

Lets keep TV DXing and just have fun with it!! :yes

Party on baby!! :bounce

Only spot I know where NBC is is on AMC1 and thats 4:2:2 so you need a PC card or the expensive reciever

I think I would be more mad if I lost a network that I couldn't get normally. But since I can get all the nets OTA except for Telefutura :) it doesnt bother me as much.

Now if I anticipated that these would be there forever and I bought a system for these (because say someone can't get a CBS), well then sorry to disappoint you but FTA isn't guaranteed to always be there. We've said that numerous times that stuff comes today gone tomorrow.

We didnt have CBS for a long time and NBC was a bugger to get for most of us. Remember how excited we got when we had CBS? Remember when WVGN came from the dead to a solid signal? We knew it wouldn't last forever folks. And now they are probably gone. But life goes on.

I'll still be scanning SBS6, AMC9 and IA8 for sports feeds
I'll still be scanning T6 for news feeds
and I'll still be jumping for joy when the FSSN pops up Friday (hopefully at a strong signal) :)

and with hockey now in full force, I'll be scanning them satellites looking for another game :D

We shouldn't have been surprised the Virgin Islands/Puerto Rico stations disappeared. It was reported some time ago they were on C-band somewhere, and they don't need both ku and c-band to feed the islands' cable systems, which is why they were up there in the first place.

NBC from New Orleans is on IA-8 (there's another thread about it, labeled something like "two channels on one frequency") Eventually, it will probably be gone. But something else will pop up. That's what makes this hobby fun.

FTV was supposed to be subscription by now, but it's still FTA. And I haven't noticed the crawl about subscribing in a long time, so maybe they've given that up.

There's new stuff coming and going all the time on IA-5, some of it's even in English!

I just got through watching Laurel and Hardy on the new "Star TV Network" on T-7, which has sort of replaced People's Network for old movies. Chuck Harder's even on the second audio channel.

FTA is far from dead. I just ordered a new Invacom SNH-031, and am looking forward to using it for a long time. (I ordered it from one of the site's sponsors, SGAFTA--they're on sale!)

Shawn95GT said:
They split that KPBI (Fox) and KFDF (UPN) off onto another transponder.(

A while back, maybe around the end of last year or the start of this year, KPBI and KFDF were on G3, C Band. I had them stored, then decided that there was no reason to have them on two birds at once, so I deleted them. Now I notice that they are gone from G3.

Iceberg said:
will you quit with the "oh its the death of FTA" crap
There is still PLENTY of stuff to see on FTA...so we lost a couple channels
BIG WHOOP!!! Its not like they were there intended for us
There is still plenty up there to see (and no I dont speak any other language so the ethnic stuff does me no good) :)

Whoa boys, let's not get nasty here. :no As I said, they are still FTA if you have the right equipment to pull them in. :yes

Iceberg said:
Only spot I know where NBC is is on AMC1 and thats 4:2:2 so you need a PC card or the expensive reciever

NBC has the four time zone feeds on W4, a Casper, Wy feed on G4 and the Anchorage feed on AMC 7, C Band. I know that does not help most of you guys, but I am sure there are members that will be happy to know it.

This all goes back to Iceberg's poll the other week...

IMO Losing channels keeps FTA interesting. :D Warm up the blind scan and git er done! :yes

I guess I'll try to throw somthing together on C Band. I can't get anything Off Air and it wasn't for the Eastcoast time difference, I'd never watch any Network stuff.

WVGN et al are on Galaxy 4 C-Band:
3947 H 7239...as a bonus I found NBC Casper WY at 3776H 3253.
Don't know about the rest of you but I watch more FTA on C-Band than on Ku.
NBC (all 4 time zones) is on AMC 4 3860H 26689.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts