Networking HR20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trumpetman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Upstate SC
I just upgraded to HD 2 weeks ago and have an HR20. I want to network it so I could play and control music off of my computer which is in another room. I have found TVersity and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with it? I am currently using itunes with all music saved as mp3s.

:confused:

I just upgraded to HD 2 weeks ago and have an HR20. I want to network it so I could play and control music off of my computer which is in another room. I have found TVersity and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with it? I am currently using itunes with all music saved as mp3s.

:confused:

The newest version of TVersity works very well but the HR20 is very limited still on the formats of both audio and video that can be played back. For example I don't believe any protected files (ie WMA DRM and iTunes DRM files) can be played back at all. If all of your files are MP3 I believe your perfectly fine. Also you can also use Windows Media Connect on Windows XP or the built-in Media Share software within Windows Media Player 11 on Windows Vista. If your using Windows XP and Windows Media Player 11 I still believe you must download Windows Media Connect 2.0. You can google search Windows Media Connect to find the download. Windows Media Connect is provided and created by Microsoft by the way.

FWIW, I have not been able to get my HR20-700 to see Tversity. I am currently getting WM11 set up (it includes Media Connect now apparently). Hopefully this will end up solving my problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)