New 118.7 Information

Circular Ku BSS 18 inch dish 12.2-12.7ghz (61.5/77/110/119/129/148/157)
Beginner can install

Linear Ku FSS 30 inch dish 11.7-12.2ghz (118.7/121/105)
Experience helpfull to install

Or Universal LNB covers 11.7-12.7ghz range for 118.7/119.0
How this works will be interesting.

Better reception, using single dishs for each location.

Time will tell how all this works and what AMC 16's coverage is.
Plus AMC 16 is temporary until Anik F3, which is running behind schedule do to launchs being delayed.

Then you have your switches.
Another ordeal.
Somebody will probably, have issues to constitute Firmware written to see 5 postions. Doesn't have to happen either.

Extreme South should not count out options on 77W, next in line.

Smith said:
We going into infinite loop.

Time to close the thread and reroute all ppl to other one.
Sorry I offended you with a simple question. I had a message that I hadn't posted for a long time and to ask a question. Now I feel bad that I did.

rdinkel said:
Not to worry. Is a leased sat from Canada.

Actually AMC-16 is a leased satellite from SES Americom, I believe located in New Jersey but its parent company is SES Global, headquartered in Europe. The 118.7 W Ku band slot is being leased by Dish from TeleSat, a Canadian company. TeleSat will be launching the Anik F3 satellite to 118.7 W later this year or perhaps early next year and Dish has a lease for all the Ku band capacity on it. Anik F3 was designed specifically for the 118.7 W slot. The AMC-16 satellite was designed to be used at either the 85 W slot of the 105 W slot so there maybe some areas in the CONUS that will not be able to receive good signals from it, most probably along the east coast of the U.S.

boomerang:

"...I'll need the Silver package with Locals, no Voom and a 622...."

The silver, & all "metallic," packages, include(s) Voom. It is not sold separately anymore.

"...Most of all, I dread having to talk to Customer Service for information. The outfit that did the original install no longer deals with Dish...."

Same here, mine left Dish. But you MUST deal with Dish on these upgrades- not available thru local dealers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts