New 2014 DIRECTV Prices

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't have DirecTV but was looking at the Regional Sports fee, and noticed that Chicago and Peoria both now has an RSN fee of $1.82 when I type it into zip code box to check RSN fees. Has Chicago and Peoria always had an RSN fee of $1.82 and I just was not aware of it?

I didnt think they did as they only have one RSN (CSN Chicago). The RSN fee is for markets with usually 2 or more RSN's last I checked.

I miss out on a lot now that I don't get a chance to visit here daily like I use to. I'm glad that satellite guys broke the news first on the prices. This is the better site out of the two to get news/rumors for E*/D*. I'm sure Scott will be breaking more news first now and in the future. ;)

Last edited:
If my regional sports fee is already $2, does this mean it will go down to $1.82? :D

Anyway, looks like my total increase will be $8 or so. $5 for the Premiere and $2 for the International package (which I guess I expected and don't really mind) and $1 on the movie premiums. Because my Sunday Ticket payment will end as well as some promotional discounts all around February, I think this will look like a decrease in my bill when in reality it isn't. lol I will consider dropping a premium or two or more. Thanks for the heads up!

I didnt think they did as they only have one RSN (CSN Chicago). The RSN fee is for markets with usually 2 or more RSN's last I checked.

the fee of up to $3.63.

Maybe now it's for any RSN over X cost? or maybe BTN is going RSN like? Or maybe it's an website bug?

I don't have DirecTV but was looking at the Regional Sports fee, and noticed that Chicago and Peoria both now has an RSN fee of $1.82 when I type it into zip code box to check RSN fees. Has Chicago and Peoria always had an RSN fee of $1.82 and I just was not aware of it?

Well keeping in mind that Peoria & Springfield have TWO RSN's (Comcast Chicago & FS Midwest) I checked our zip & it too comes up at $1.82.
BUT, when I checked a zip in a zip that ONLY has FS Midwest (Edwardsville just outside of St. Louis), there is NO added RSN fee.
So, I'm surmising that the reason for the $1.82 RSN fee, is ALL due to Comcast Chicago (& NOT due to the fact of 2 RSN's)...

So if I've got the bottom of the barrel Entertainment package w/ only NBA LP and no premiums am I only looking at a $2.99 increase? I can live with that :D

I wonder if I should get a rsn rebate from directv ? I live in Portland or. We don't get the PAC 12. (College) We don't get CSN NW ( blazers) we just get root NW ( mariners)

So, I'm surmising that the reason for the $1.82 RSN fee, is ALL due to Comcast Chicago (& NOT due to the fact of 2 RSN's)...

nope. Just checked a friends zip (Cedar Rapids, IA) and they get CSN Chicago with the package (shows 0.00) but with Premier they get FS North and FS Midwest fore the pro sports

edit: ironically I checked 60601 (Chicago) and it says 1.82

I guess I'd be happy that my bill "only" went up $2 (If it wasnt included in my rent)

My buddy sent me a copy of his Charter bill to show me how much its going up. He has just lifeline (which is locals, public access, religious, shopping channels. He also gets WGN & TBS in it) and has no other option (lives in an apt and too far from tv towers).

Important TV Update - Due to rising programming costs, effective with your next billing statement, pricing will be adjusted for:
- Limited Basic from $25.99 to $26.99
- Broadcast TV Surcharge, which reflects charges assessed to Charter by broadcast TV stations, from $2.15 to $3.50.

Important Update - Effective with your next billing statement, pricing will be adjusted for:
- Set-top Box, including Interactive Guide Services from $5.99 to $6.99

so his bill is going up 3.35 for just lifeline.....and yes you need the box. No box only gives you the Big4+PBS.
Scary part? His bill will be over $43 FOR LIFELINE

If you think about it, as a society, we aren't the sharpest tacks in the drawer. Even when we get a chance to change things, like in an election for public office, we still just keep voting in the same old people. Republican or democrat, nothing really changes. Promises are broken, money is wasted, and we keep hoping for a change for the better, that never really happens. It's quite a vicious cycle.

A big Amen !!!. That is so true.

Last edited by a moderator:
haven't read all 12 pages but I did get the info printout in my latest bill about the change.

Since Genie HR-34 or client hardware is not listed on the price change flier, is this increase only applicable for programming and not hardware?

I have two "RSN"s in my market and the directv link said my RSN fee is $0.00.

I suppose there might be an exception if one of them is DIRECTV owned (ROOT in my case) or if the second RSN doesn't cost DIRECTV too much. I can't believe the asking price for ALTITUDE SPORTS would be that much considering the junk and lack of sports on it. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)