New 211 Software

I have two 211s and they have both started freezing and re-booting within the last few days. I only happens when I tune-in channel 2.1 (OTA, PBS). The remote then becomes useless. No response at all. Finally, after endless re-boots, the remote will work.

This happened to me last week while watching the sub channel of our local ABC affiliate on my 211.

The receiver kept re-booting, the remote was non functional and the buttons on the receiver would not work. I couldn't get off the problem channel until I disconnected the OTA antenna during one of the re-boots. I wondered if the problem could be software related. Needless to say I haven't tuned in the problem channel since then. In fact I locked it out using channel locks just to make sure.

I reported this on the "other" forum also and 2 or 3 others chimed in with the same problem.

I've had lockups now with 524 s/w. The EPG will freeze, then time out. Then it will re-boot.

Happened 3 times yesterday.

The EHD removal function is great.

I have two 211s and they have both started freezing and re-booting within the last few days. I only happens when I tune-in channel 2.1 (OTA, PBS). The remote then becomes useless. No response at all. Finally, after endless re-boots, the remote will work.
Same problem here.

After getting L524 I've had 3 different lockups, all while viewing locals.

Picture becomes filled with large tiles, sound breaks up, remote is unresponsive, finally it just freezes. :(

Same problem here.

After getting L524 I've had 3 different lockups, all while viewing locals.

Picture becomes filled with large tiles, sound breaks up, remote is unresponsive, finally it just freezes. :(

Yep im in the same boat with my Vip211K. When ever i tune into Fox 29 and MyTv Buffalo.. it will break up picture followed by remote being unresponsive then the unit will lock up and reboot.

What i dont get is if i use the same feed directly to my tv's tuner.. i can watch those channels fine.

Same here but happens regardless of whether OTA or SAT.

I experience it on the sat side as well.. but that is once or twice a week ( witch mind you still isnt good) but on the OTA side it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME i put it on either of those channels. Like it locks up on those two between 2-5 minutes of watching like 100% of the time

I still use my Tivo so I keep my VIP211 on all the time. The L524 update has disabled my inactivity standby.

I have a similar freezing problem with my External Hard Drive connected to my 411 receivers when playing back recordings from my local CBS station.
I tried recording from both of my receivers, using 2 different hard drives, recording from both the 6000 channel and the dropdown channel and playing back from both. All other stations that I recorded from played back fine.
I e-mailed Dish tech support and received the following:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Our engineering department is aware of this issue. It has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working on a resolution.

They also asked for a return e-mail with receiver model numbers, software updates, etc.

Let's hope for a quick resolution.

I do believe there is an option in the menu to change that

There is an option to disable the inactivity standby, but it no longer works. I disable it and after a few hours it goes into standby.

I have a similar freezing problem with my External Hard Drive connected to my 411 receivers when playing back recordings from my local CBS station.
I tried recording from both of my receivers, using 2 different hard drives, recording from both the 6000 channel and the dropdown channel and playing back from both. All other stations that I recorded from played back fine.
I e-mailed Dish tech support and received the following:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Our engineering department is aware of this issue. It has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working on a resolution.

They also asked for a return e-mail with receiver model numbers, software updates, etc.

Let's hope for a quick resolution.

How did you get the external to play nice with your 411? Is that now possible without having to first plugging the external into a 211?

12 Toes,

If you go to this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/158952-411-ehd.html and scroll down to the 10th and 11th post, you will see how it was done.

Not sure if the CSR's can activate them yet from their screens. That has always been the problem.

Connecting hard drives has been available on 411's since about the 9th of January, and no, you do not have to have a 211 or connect the hard drive to a 211 first.

Which DMA is 2.1 out of and what are the call letters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts