New 622 Doesn't receive all channels

Big_Ed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Athol, MA
My eagerly awaited day has arrived, and I now have my 622 installed. Installer says as he's leaving, you don;t have all the stations yet but they are "downloading now" (whatever that means) and they will all be available in 30 minutes or so.

5 hours later I call tech support because they aren't there, but cannot figure it out, so now I have a tech visit scheduled for Tuesday. Damn.

Of course, it appears that the stations I can't receive are all HD -- Boston locals, Vooms, Uni. But I do receive a lot of the others fine, the only new one I can see is ESPN 2.

The ones I don't receive, I'll get the program header, then just a blank screen. After a minute or so it will say satellite acquisition in progress. Some of the Vooms say there's a problem with my switch and I should run check switch -- but when I do, everything is A-OK, it sees 61.5, 110 & 119 fine.

Anybody have any ideas for me to try as opposed to waiting until Tuesday & taking a half day off to deal with this? :(

what is the signal strength on 61.5? thats only one thong i can think of it is at 45 or lower it wont work

Does your switch require a power inserter, and is it installed?

When I got my 942 they installed a DPP44 & failed to install the power inserter. I lose my locals on a regular basis, and have to have them come back to install the inserter. The check switch always comes back fine, I just keep losing one satellite.