New 622 Remote Feature?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is very annoying when you are watching the tv using a reciever. I need to be on aux to control the volume but when I do that I can't see the bloody show. Also we have some toddlers that like the remote and I put it on aux or vcr so they won't mess with what we are watching and now I can't do that either. I just bought a harmony universal remote so that will fix the problem.

It is very annoying when you are watching the tv using a reciever. I need to be on aux to control the volume but when I do that I can't see the bloody show. Also we have some toddlers that like the remote and I put it on aux or vcr so they won't mess with what we are watching and now I can't do that either. I just bought a harmony universal remote so that will fix the problem.

Actually you can set the 622 remote to control aux volume when in sat mode.

The problem is that we don't always use the volume from the receiver so I would have to change it all the time. Plus we don't have the 622 yet, coming next month.

Sorry. I like the feature. Are there any other new features?

Actually I don't mind having it and I understand why it's there. I also understand that people that know how to use the remote control should have the option to turn the feature off.

It reduces the number of calls to customer service centers and in my case the calls from my relatives and friends so I'm glad it's there. :)

When I had my Dish system installed last Spring, the installer told me the same thing, that you had to use Aux to control the receiver volume. I got a replacement remote a few weeks ago and was reading the manual, and it tells you how to control the receiver volume while in SAT mode.

I don't know if it's a new feature or not, but it's so much nicer to not have to punch AUX to adjust the volume, and then go back to SAT.

When I had my Dish system installed last Spring, the installer told me the same thing, that you had to use Aux to control the receiver volume. I got a replacement remote a few weeks ago and was reading the manual, and it tells you how to control the receiver volume while in SAT mode.

I don't know if it's a new feature or not, but it's so much nicer to not have to punch AUX to adjust the volume, and then go back to SAT.
Not new. Been there all along...in the manual.

Dish has acknowledged that "advanced" users don't need/like this and want the ability to turn it off and do have plans to add this. When ? No comment.... No doubt it will still be "on" by default but most of us can manage to find the setting to turn it off ! Hehe, we know how to use our remotes. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)