New 722 Internals Pictures !

Any idea what homeplug spec the 722 has? I got this off the chip. Looks like its still homeplug 1.0 from what I can tell.

Intellon
int5200A0
d32k2.1
t0721a

I bet 95% of the people will not give the homeplug 1.0 spec a run for its money. If you do happen to have a 20 megabit download throughput from DishNetwork's VOD servers then you'll probably be techy enough to run a 100mbps cable.

Any idea what homeplug spec the 722 has? I got this off the chip. Looks like its still homeplug 1.0 from what I can tell.

Intellon
int5200A0
d32k2.1
t0721a
I think basic data do not required translation ;)

Mozgom systému je ?ip Intellon INT5200A0, ktorý prostredníctvom schém OFDM, DQPSK, DBPSK a ROBO vo frekven?nom rozsahu od 4,3 do 20,9 MHz moduluje šifrovaný signál, ktorý prenáša na vodi?e elektrického rozvodu. V?aka sie?ovému identifikátoru je možné na jedinom káblovom okruhu vytvori? viacero samostatných oddelených sietí - dáta je však možné prenáša? výhradne protokolom TCP/IP. Dátová priepustnos? závisí od rôznych faktorov, pri?om maximálna hranica je 14 megabitov.

I don't know. Couldn't see without disassembly, but didn't wanna do that. Didn't wanna mess it up. Sorry!:(
Pretty easy - remove front panel by pressing internal three tabs close to bottom edge of the panel; remove 2 screws from rear panel and 2 other from front panel; gently lift up the assembly under 30-45 degree; remove 4 big screws what holding the HDD - voila ! ( a sticker will stay there untouched )

Pretty easy - remove front panel by pressing internal three tabs close to bottom edge of the panel; remove 2 screws from rear panel and 2 other from front panel; gently lift up the assembly under 30-45 degree; remove 4 big screws what holding the HDD - voila ! ( a sticker will stay there untouched )

Thanks for the info, but I prefer not to mess with it.:)

Anyways, got it activated, but couldn't deactivate leased 622 without closing account. That sucks...even more because I will get charged a 2nd receiver fee now..:(

I have had the 722 since MOnday and I have to say the picture quality is much improved with the 722. The picture is sharper, more vibrant , brighter, and makes watching the hd channels worth while again. The older 622 had a more softer picture than the new 722. I just wonder what is different that is causing this? Even my wife , who notices nothing about the picture, said what happened? It looks so much better now?

I have had the 722 since MOnday and I have to say the picture quality is much improved with the 722. The picture is sharper, more vibrant , brighter, and makes watching the hd channels worth while again. The older 622 had a more softer picture than the new 722. I just wonder what is different that is causing this? Even my wife , who notices nothing about the picture, said what happened? It looks so much better now?

Great man! Now everyone is gonna want a 722. :D

From what I understand the 722 has a different chip. It could be that this chip is an improved version of the one in the 622.

Great man! Now everyone is gonna want a 722. :D

From what I understand the 722 has a different chip. It could be that this chip is an improved version of the one in the 622.

Well that chip makes all the difference in the world. I think even the hd lite complainers might be pleasantly surprised, if they were to look at the DISH hd picture with the new 722. I am looking at the hd channels all over again like I never had seen them before. Even the sd pictures look much better and sharper than before. The pq is awesome. :up

Well that chip makes all the difference in the world. I think even the hd lite complainers might be pleasantly surprised, if they were to look at the DISH hd picture with the new 722. I am looking at the hd channels all over again like I never had seen them before. Even the sd pictures look much better and sharper than before. The pq is awesome. :up

I can confirm this. I have the comparison here. Even though the SD locals still look ridiculous, it has somewhat improved. I would compare the difference as watching a DVD and then setup the DVD player to progressive output. That is exactly the amount of difference between 622 HD and 722 HD.

Intellon
int5200A0
d32k2.1
t0721a

Yeah, this the 1.0 chip, the 1.1 chip is a Int5500. Is this in one of the pics above? I'd love to see a picture of it.

Yeah, this the 1.0 chip, the 1.1 chip is a Int5500. Is this in one of the pics above? I'd love to see a picture of it.

I pulled the cover off my 722 and looked at it. It would be really difficult to get a picture of without taking it all apart. The chip is tucked under a board that has power supply and other stuff on it. I'll see what I can come up with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts