New 811 Install

• DIRECTV'S SATELLITE D11 at 99 DEGREES IS COMING BACK TO LIFE!

After 24 hours of being down the DIRECTV 11 Satellite is beginning to show signs of life again! Looks like this ordeal will soon be over! DIRECTV thanks you for your patience!!

For more details and updates as they happen from our CUTTING EDGE team please CLICK HERE

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

seagarsmoker

Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Took the HD Dish bait and switched from Directv yesterday. Install was very good and professional - both guys knew what they were doing. The only problem they ran into was 110 being down, so after doing all they could (they did get dead on 100+ reading on 129), they left and said when it was up, they would be back. Two hours later they arrived, took about 20 minutes to get everything up and running. I am very pleased with the 811, with HBO-HD looking very crisp. We were able to watch the Sapranos & Deadwood last night and a big difference viewing it in HD than Sunday night.
Overall the picture quality for non-HD is about the same as Directv.
Everything is working fine, except for some reason I can't get the input button on the remote to work on my Toshiba widescreen.
I'll give this install a solid A!

Now I have some more work to do in the back yard - digging up the real old primestar pole & directv pole... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)