New 811 Software P3.30

token said:
I just had installed a D500 with 2 811s (and 2 311s) on 24-SEP-2005. Both 811s are running 3.30 and I don't have any guide probrlems.

Just spelling problems! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

BTW, just wait, the guide problems will become apparent. However, as a new 811 users, you don't know what life was like before p3.30.

Same problem

Tweak said:
I hate this pos 811...every other day, I lose all my programming, have to do a hard reset and run switch test every time....I'm tired of calling Dish....they say nothing is wrong. If I had a chain saw, I would sneak over to my neighbor's yard and cut down his trees so I can get Direct TV. My old 311 upstairs never has a problem. Screw Dish HD and Voom and that stupid 811....I've only had the HD package 3 months and have seen everything over and over and over again...the best deal HD is still OTA for free. :mad:

I had the same problem you are having. I had the techs come out about 11 times!
The problem ended up being that the trees in my backyard (which they thought they were clear of) were causing problems with reception and they channels would go out after a couple of days.
The receiver would freeze, I'd only receive about 1/4 of the channels and then they would totally go out. They triedgiving the dish a better ground, changing the switch, switching out the coaxial splitters, la-dee-frickin'-da for several months. Finally I asked them to just move the dish to the front of the house and they did... it's on the front eave of my house over my driveway now...
It sucks where the dishes are, because they look very unattractive, but the problem is gone.

See if you can get a better line of site for your dish, it fixed the problem for me. Good Luck!

Is there any info on a new software upgrade yet? I had a BSOD :mad: This morning by just hitting the guide button. My video first went away then i hit cancel and it just went black no sound/video and all that was there was the white letters telling me what was supposed to be showing. Also i hit the menu button and eveything was still black only white letters showing my menu options sooo sad they ruined yet another 811 I was on 2.84 but it began acting up when they changed that channel 100. :mad:

How about when Directv rolls out their new boxes we all just switch and eliminate the headaches?

C'mon, who's with me!??!?

I'm still having problems with the video going into perpetual pixelating/jumping/jerky motion and have to reset it a few times a week. I think Dish should admit the 811 is a failure from the get-go and replace them with 942's for the frustration we've had to endure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)