New 811 Software P3.30

i got 3.30 today. took forever to download. I don't see any difference. I was hopeing that this software would allow the OTA channels to lock faster.

Received P3.30, Went looking for changes and when I went to Point Dish, I got signal strength on all three sats. Then the sat name and transponder went blank and when I cleared, I got searching for sat without sat name or transponder. . I went back to set up and tried check switch and it would not work, still had no sat or transponder listed. Unplugged the 811 and it came back on with sat and transponder number. It searched and found programing. The new software has new bugs. I had never seen this problem before. Where is 3.31 fixing this problem. Dish thinks that if a problem can be fixed by rebooting, it is NOT a problem.

Channel changing still sucks, like their new promo.

no info problem

Tweak said:
I hate this pos 811...every other day, I lose all my programming, have to do a hard reset and run switch test every time....I'm tired of calling Dish....they say nothing is wrong. If I had a chain saw, I would sneak over to my neighbor's yard and cut down his trees so I can get Direct TV. My old 311 upstairs never has a problem. Screw Dish HD and Voom and that stupid 811....I've only had the HD package 3 months and have seen everything over and over and over again...the best deal HD is still OTA for free. :mad:

Mine suddenly comes up with "No info" in the guide when trying to look ahead, then tries to reload the guide but never finishes. Is that what you mean by losing programming? I have to reboot it about every 2-3 days. Anyone else seeing this? Is it fixed in 3.30?

I just had the message that the OTA signal was lost again when trying to fire a timer from an OTA to a Sat channel. This sucks, it never happened prior to 3.30, though I did have an issue prior to 3.30 when trying to tune in Fox OTA that the signal was lost (it wasn't).

I have an old 4:3 HDTV and always used the 16:9 mode on the 811. WIth this, the page up key always changed the display modes when in HD. And the Page Down always changed the SD.

Now, the Page Up does nothing, and the Page Down switches HD as if it were SD. Stretch gives me a full 4:3 and Normal is the correct 16:9.

That is the change I see. Since most people have a 16:9 HD, they would not see this.

Lost Guide Info

I've been willing to put up with all the headaches to date in the name of progress...and have been supportive of Dish so far, but what is the deal with "No Info"? Not only the satellite channels, but the local digital channels have also lost their program guide info. Odd thing is that my local analog channels are showing program guide info most of the time. Rebooting or doing a check switch gets the system back working for a couple of days, but what the heck happened with this upgrade to 3.30??? Hmmmm....

I've noticed the "No Info" also. It shows about 60-90 minutes worth of guide then "No Info" even after a reboot. Plus the sound/video is off, their lips don't match their voice.

Hey im having all kinds of problems here. I keep loosing all my guide info i have been doing a reboot like 2 times a day. I also keep getting this grey rectangle on the upper part of the screen near where the date/time come up when i hit the guid it goes away when i close the guide and the white letters that show whats playing go away. Sometimes the grey box comes out randomly and i have to hit cancel to get rid of it. I noticed something wierd about this cause i turned the box off and the grey box was still there on the screen untill i unplugged my power from the reciever?? :eek: I have p 2.84 i havent gotten asked to upgrade only once awhile back but my mom hit cancel cause she didnt know what to do she just told me. I have had zero problems in a very long time but seems since the dish 100 channel has changed my box has been screwy. I also cant watch the channel 100 on this box? It causes the guide to pop up and have the grey box i wish i could take a picture. I hope i can get an update :confused:

Ok guys i have pics:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/robdoggz/detail?.dir=/d096&.dnm=92e5.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/robdoggz/detail?.dir=/d096&.dnm=34ac.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/robdoggz/detail?.dir=/d096&.dnm=d291.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/robdoggz/detail?.dir=/d096&.dnm=401d.jpg&.src=ph

Sorry i am new to yahoo pics.

I just got the 3.30 update and my guide doesnt last more than a day till it loses the info and needs a reboot cause it freezes completely when i hit the guide. It shows all the info in the guide when i first hit the button then in a second it just freezes and pops then everything has no info and i cant do anything but cancel. Also channel changing takes like 5 seconds or more per channel and it takes like 10+ seconds to lock on OTA. Last but not least the audio is pretty badly out of sync from my video especially on the hd channels was not like this before. :confused:

I have lost all my OTA channels with the 3.30 release. The 3.00 was pretty bad too, but 3.30 is the worst release so far. My OTA channels can't lock up regardless of the signal strength. the signal strength meter goes from 0 to 49 to 83, 80, 71 and back to 49 in less than 2 seconds.There is no picture, no sound. I have not changed my antenna at all. It's baffling that *AE over and over allows their programmers to release shoddy software upgrades that cause more problems than they fix., Do they do any testing at all?

redline65 said:
I haven't lost any OTA channels with 3.30, but it seems like I'm rebooting every day now as it loses the guide info quite frequently.

same here, no problems with OTA, but losing guide info alot now.... :(

I,m getting some of the same crap on my 811 with the new update. I thought these were supposed to be upgrades not downgrades, never had any of this with the last software update, sometimes I wish they would just leave it alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Drone35 said:
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
But there is the rub, Dish has never released a product that worked out of the box. :no When they try to fix it, they mess up something else so it's a continuous battle of chasing their bugs. :mad: The 811 is a classic Dish mistake, it has not functioned properly since it's inception.

My Dish 811 has worked pretty good with minor problems until the 3.30 release. Now I have major problems with the guide. This sucks.

Sounds like were all in the boat here! How about another software upgrade to fix the last upgrade. Kinda like a dog chasing his tale! lol

I just had installed a D500 with 2 811s (and 2 311s) on 24-SEP-2005. Both 811s are running 3.30 and I don't have any guide probrlems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)