New Account question

I would suggest going through a local dealer.

Others have suggested ordering an OTA tuner module but I'm not convinced that will work.

If all else fails, you could try asking for a ViP722k and see what they say. ;)

I would recommend requesting one when the installing company calls you to confirm the appointment, ask the technician when he arrives to see the receiver he will be putting in, and if all else fails you could do like some of the D* folks and refuse the install until they have your requested equipment.

Can anyone tell me how to find a local dealer in the 44236 area?
I would suggest going through a local dealer.

Others have suggested ordering an OTA tuner module but I'm not convinced that will work.

If all else fails, you could try asking for a ViP722k and see what they say. ;)

Tried that, only found 1, was hoping for more. Google shopping shows more but the web pages point to E*'s site. I gues it only takes one, I'll give them a call

DISH Network - Find Your Local Retailer

Getting the receiver you want is usually easier with Dish. (than Direct) Just make sure you make a record of letting them know that is what you want. In addition, if you are going through Dish, you still can find out who is coming, you can contact them, and make sure you are getting it.

I did exactly that, but not for a receiver, because I knew I had to have a mixed arc to get all my programming and wanted to talk to the installer. Worked out great.

You could always hit up the DIRT team.... We could likely handle that, very easily. I could build the account, get the request in, and email DNS to insure they know what we are doing. Also, if the tech didn't have one, we could provide it later. Let us know if we can help you via PM.

Glad it got handled! If you need anything else, Satguys is a great place to get tech help. With the DISH team here, we can also manage other things as well. Hit us up in the future if you need to.

dishjim
As far as your question about the OTA antenna, I got a Winegard 1080-HD and a Winegard AP-8700 amplifier. Will pull in UHF stations up to 65 miles and VHF up to 30 miles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)