VIP922 Upgrade and Install Fee

Arcuro

Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Called today to see what my options are for upgrading to the VIP922. They want to charge me $95 for installation fee!! I find this a little absurd to charge this amount. Not rocket science to install one. I asked if they could just send me one and let me do the work, and was told no a service tech needs to install it. Really? Wow, guess they need to find ways to make some extra money.

$95 is cheap That only barely covers the service call. The used to charge several hundred dollars plus the service call.

Called today to see what my options are for upgrading to the VIP922. They want to charge me $95 for installation fee!! I find this a little absurd to charge this amount. Not rocket science to install one. I asked if they could just send me one and let me do the work, and was told no a service tech needs to install it. Really? Wow, guess they need to find ways to make some extra money.
Hi Arcuro, the $95.00 installation charge is normal but you can add the service plan for $6.00 a month and Dish Network will waive the first $15.00 fee for the technician visit. You can remove the service plan immediately which will incur a $25.00 cancellation fee or after 5 months (150 days) there will be no cancellation fee.

I don't understand the complaint. $95 for getting a 922 receiver installed is a great deal. It sure is a pain paying for service isn't it?

$95, no one or two hundred dollar upfront fee also? And no additional monthly fee for the ViP922?

In my business, we roll a lot of trucks. I don't believe $95 covers the expenses of a truck roll. It just cuts it a bit.

Well guys, this should be part of the figuring for a new customer!....Yes the 722 is less if you add a sling player to use its $99, now double the HD size, the 922 gets installed for free because its a new setup...... So for NEW customers ONLY this should be part of the decision prosses....It was for me, but then again the sling part was my bigest reason for dishnet....

Just keep it in mind when people are wondering what to go with from day one?

Dish will not let a user, especially an new one, install a new receiver because the rate of setup error is so high (they get called out anyway).

OP is not a new sub. If you read the original post it says "upgrade". Obvious existing customer. If they are giving 922 upgrades without the $200 fee, I want one!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hi Arcuro, the $95.00 installation charge is normal but you can add the service plan for $6.00 a month and Dish Network will waive the first $15.00 fee for the technician visit. You can remove the service plan immediately which will incur a $25.00 cancellation fee or after 5 months (150 days) there will be no cancellation fee.

This is absurd. Why not just charge $25 instead of $95 in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts