New Actuator Time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
Had no reception on my BUD yesterday and went out to investigate. My dish was leaning all the way west as the tube from the actuator that extends in and out had stripped from the ball screw. SO new actuator time. I had a Von Weise V76-5 and would like to get something in that category. With all the big dishes sitting out there, does anyone have one they want to sell?? It's a 24v, 24" ball screw actuator to turn a 10 foot mesh dish in Michigan. LMK soon or else I will have to resort to ordering one..

i too had several times my dish extended to far east , all were recoverable while someone at the dish and another at the receiver . i remated the arm and the actuator and let the motor draw them back together.

Wish mine was as easy to fix as your problem!! My actuator arm stripped the threads so it basically has no grip to hold in place. I can move the dish back and forth myself which isn't a good thing. Have a new Venture actuator on order and should be getting it today. Wish me luck!!

if i understood correctly the nylon bushing is worn out and slides freely on the screw drive ( worm gear) . I have the Von Weise V76-5 also.

didn't know you would order so fast hopefully you got a HD version I know the ones Sadoun sells are smooth and will be the one i get if i have to upgrade.

good luck

Yep exactly what happened to my actuator, nylon bushing stripped out! I ordered a Venture 24" actuator and received yesterday. I was going to get the ball screw one but found out the Von Weise we have is actually an acme variety and that lasted me nearly 15 years. So I got the Venture HD acme. I'll let you know how the hook up goes!!

Got a good look at the Venture this morning. Boy it is a HEAVY DUTY model as it's a larger diameter arm than my Von Weise. Also got the accordian boot to protect the actuator arm. Got her hooked up this morning, set the east and west limits, and rescanned my satellites. All is well again!!

The only thing I don't like about this actuator is the power and switch wires go in through the top of the motor assembly. After installing I had to put some silicone around it to seal. I called Venture to verify I was putting it together correctly and they said yes the wires feed in from the top. Seems like a bottom or back entry like the Von Weise would allow for less moisture problem.

All in all very happy with the Venture!!

progress.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts