New Add-On Packages

That's where I got Smart Pack for 36.99 (I thought it was 29.99)

Only higher packs are listed and international and latino packs. Nothing about heartland.
I check my smart pak account not include, what i observe is, only welcome pak account which have previous discounted a la carte package, has the add on option

I subscribe to the Welcome Pack and Heartland, and I can also view the new add-on packages as well. Support told me that no specific date for availability has been set yet.

And nothing with TCM or NBCSN. I'd hack off dare2be's leg to get those two channels in a la carte if I could save a lot of money.

Sorry dare2be. It isn't personal. ;)

We have Smart Pack as well and none of these are listed. They should show these for everyone, regardless of what your current package is, although I can see why Dish may choose not to do that. For example, customer has AT250 and the primary reason is that one channel they really like is only available in that package, they could drop to AT200, AT120, etc, then add one of these packs and are happy.

We have Smart Pack as well and none of these are listed. They should show these for everyone, regardless of what your current package is, although I can see why Dish may choose not to do that. For example, customer has AT250 and the primary reason is that one channel they really like is only available in that package, they could drop to AT200, AT120, etc, then add one of these packs and are happy.

Do you have heartland or outdoor pack added as well? It sounds like that seems to be part of the piece - the fact that this add-on section appears when add-ons are on the account. We have some Welcome Pack accounts that don't see the new packages either, so I am wondering if it would show up for anyone that has either outdoor or heartland pack.

When I logged in today, and look under Core. The Details link next to Add-On Packages is gone, so I can't click and see those other Add-On Packages...

I called Dish today and was told the Add-On Packages are for those with the Flex Package for $34.99, Local are optional for $10 more a month. You can add on the different Add-On Packages to the Flex Pack.

I decided to try the new Flex Package with Locals and Variety Pack. I already had Heartland and Showtime. (Switched from Welcome Pack)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 289
Reactions: jessshaun
What is the Flex Pack? What channels are included?
Just looking at what I am receiving in the Flex Pack for $34.99:

USA, TV Land, Comedy Central, Lifetime, Food, DIY, HGTV, Cooking, E!, Pop, A&E, History, Syfy, BET, FXX, We, HDMovies, AMC, TCM, IFC, FX, TNT, TBS, MTV2, NBC Sports, VH1, GAC, CMT, Cartoon Network, Discovery Family, Discovery, TLC, Pivot, CNN, HLN, Blaze, Weather Nation, Spike, TrueTV, INSP, Reelz,
the new Viacom music channels are coming in in the 360s as well.

Locals are optional for $10.00, additional add-on packages mentioned in this thread can be added for $6-10 per package.

Reactions: pattykay
I thought "Flex" was a pay-in-advance subscription plan Dish offered. I don't know that it's restricted to a certain channel package.

Reactions: pattykay
Link - are you on a pay-in-advance package, i.e. "Flex TV" ? This is confusing.... "Flex Pack" sounds like a channel package like Welcome, Smart, AT120, and so on.

Yes as of today, I am on the new Flex Pack - a TV package for $34.99 a month. They have additional add-on packages including Locals from $6-$10 a month. I listed what channels I am receiving above. It is something new and not posted anywhere yet.

Yes as of today, I am on the new Flex Pack - a TV package for $34.99 a month. They have additional add-on packages including Locals from $6-$10 a month. I listed what channels I am receiving above. It is something new and not posted anywhere yet.
But you are not a "pay-as-you-go" low-credit customer, right?

There does seem to be a confusion between the terms "Flex 24" customer who can have any standard AT package, and a "Flex Pack" that is a separate programming package like Smart Pack.

Now that you have this new Flex package, are you able to see the prices of all the other add-on packs from your online account?

As best I can tell from the info the big thing is locals and sports not being included and are added in separate add on packages. Particularly locals not being included, interesting. Maybe someone else who gets that package or can see it can post more details and what are the other add ons...

I just did an online chat with DISH to check on this pack.. it is indeed seemingly available to normal customers. The customer support person was able to give me all the details, and some prices (particularly the National Action Pack with ESPN being $10, and the Kids pack being $10 too). The base "Flex Pack" is indeed $34.99. I decided not to change, as I am on the 2 year price lock and the price having to pay everything including the DVR would end up only saving me a couple bucks for the channels I would want (Flex+Kids), but I am curious about other people's experiences with this as well. It may be the answer to my parent's issue with paying full price and getting DISH America right now. This new option seems to be an answer to them.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts