New Add-On Packages

Just made the switch to Flex Pack, Locals and National Sports pack. That gives me all the channels I was actually watching in the T120 for $10/month less. Good deal IMO.

Now my bill with one Hopper 3, Flex Pack, Locals, National Sports, HBO/SHO/MAX/Movie Pack is less than $100/month. I definitely like that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just made the switch to Flex Pack, Locals and National Sports pack. That gives me all the channels I was actually watching in the T120 for $10/month less. Good deal IMO.

Now my bill with one Hopper 3, Flex Pack, Locals, National Sports, HBO/SHO/MAX/Movie Pack is less than $100/month. I definitely like that!

I wish that the Flex pack had MTV and the public interest channels. Most all of the public interest channels are not included, which is odd to me, you'd think they would be in all packages. If they did, I would have stayed with it.

MTV only has one show that I've watched, the Shanarra Chronicles, so it isn't something I'm concerned about. When I made the switch my 'favorites' didn't change at all, everything I had in one favorite or another is still there.

I wish that the Flex pack had MTV and the public interest channels. Most all of the public interest channels are not included, which is odd to me, you'd think they would be in all packages. If they did, I would have stayed with it.
True, it is my understanding that the PI channels are either free or pay for transmission, so why wouldn't they be included?

I get the following Public interest channels with the Flex pack:

9393 3ABN
9403 BYUTV
9406 Arts
9410 Link
9411 ENLC
9413 ALMA
9415 FSTV

What were the public interest channels that you are missing?

Reactions: Tampa8
I get the following Public interest channels with the Flex pack:

9393 3ABN
9403 BYUTV
9406 Arts
9410 Link
9411 ENLC
9413 ALMA
9415 FSTV

What were the public interest channels that you are missing?

Specifically the Shepherds Chapel network. My dad watches it a lot. I think Dish calls it "BIBLE" or something like that in the guide. Then there is the Gaither channel that has Southern Gospel concerts and my mother enjoys watching that.
You would think that all of the public interest and religious networks that usually pay for carriage or are part of the mandated PI space would be in all programming packages.

I'm not 100% certain but I believe this "Gaither" channel is included.

I really couldn't say. I know that Shepherds Chapel is not. You can get it on Roku or Galaxy 16 C-Band, but my dad wouldn't want to mess with that. He is just used to getting it on Dish, knows where it is, and how to use the remote.

I block a lot of channels and seem to recall seeing that one. Maybe channel 279 or around there ? It's "Gaither Family" ?

The point about the public interest (read: "free") channels not all being included is strange though.

I block a lot of channels and seem to recall seeing that one. Maybe channel 279 or around there ? It's "Gaither Family" ?

The point about the public interest (read: "free") channels not all being included is strange though.
I found that odd when I had the package. Since Shepherd's Chapel, Jimmy Swaggart (SBN), and the whole host of others are paying for carriage you'd think that if you subscribed to any channel at all, they would be included. To tell you the truth, I am surprised they even bother with scrambling them at all.

Just as regular cable channels agree to a rate to be included in certain packages, I'm sure that channels that pay to be carried have to stipulate which packages they want to be shown in. So maybe there is no agreement for certain packages, especially new ones.

I found that odd when I had the package. Since Shepherd's Chapel, Jimmy Swaggart (SBN), and the whole host of others are paying for carriage you'd think that if you subscribed to any channel at all, they would be included. To tell you the truth, I am surprised they even bother with scrambling them at all.
Those religious channels used to be free, even on deactivated receivers. At the same time that Dish ended the "free preview" of those channels, Welcome Pack lost Hillsong, channel 258. (formerly known as The Church Channel)

Those religious channels used to be free, even on deactivated receivers. At the same time that Dish ended the "free preview" of those channels, Welcome Pack lost Hillsong, channel 258. (formerly known as The Church Channel)
The Uplink Report that Zach S. linked in post number 260 shows the free preview status ending for several religious channels.

I was wondering if there is anywhere I can see a complete list of the channels in the Flex Pack. I saw that Link had posted ( #132) a list. Since then I have seen posting for the religious and public interests channels that are also in the Pack. I also saw A&E is in the Flex Pack as well. I would like to see how it stacks up to my current package.

Reactions: jegrant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)