New Add-On Packages

You'll be disappointed to find out that they have already fixed this. As others have noted, the HBO and Cinemax channels are now in HD.
Got around it last night by using VOD for a few movies :). Just checked & my Guide is missing most of the freeview info after 9pm, probably won't update till late tonight.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You'll be disappointed to find out that they have already fixed this. As others have noted, the HBO and Cinemax channels are now in HD.

Why would i be disappointed? Thumbs up to dish for correcting the issue so quickly. Doesnt take away from the fact that they seem to move very slow on alot of things, hence the running joke of "soon" that we all know about

I think Hall had you confused with someone else.
Nope, he said "you will probably be waiting for a long time for that to be corrected" and it was resolved in what, 24 hours ?

As I told Zach (I think) in a PM, I think this was simply an "ooops" and someone simply forgot to check some boxes or something... It wasn't done intentionally or a case of "we're not giving people with this 'budget' package free HD channels".

Another glitch related to the new Flex packages is that channels 144 (ESPNA) and 145 (ESPNA) show up as "subscribed" channels. Since the base Flex package doesn't include any ESPN channels, we won't be eligible for any of the ESPN alternates either.

Another glitch related to the new Flex packages is that channels 144 (ESPNA) and 145 (ESPNA) show up as "subscribed" channels. Since the base Flex package doesn't include any ESPN channels, we won't be eligible for any of the ESPN alternates either.
Noticed that too,but have you ever seen anything on those alternate channels yet?

I am not home right now to check. Did they also add the HD feed to the National Geographic (channel 186) free preview? That was the other one that was showing up as SD-only.

Noticed that too,but have you ever seen anything on those alternate channels yet?
Maybe one or two times in the 10 years I've had Dish. The problem with those channels is ESPN can use them but Dish usually doesn't update the guide (quick enough). I want to say I watched a football game, don't remember if it was college or pro, that ended up on one of those channels and only found it by chance. They could be used other times but I'm not necessarily looking for anything on those channels.

When I had ESPN, it made sense that those show in the guide though. With the base Flex package, as you know, it includes no ESPN, so there's no need to show the ESPN alternate channels.

I just want Dish to know about this. If they fix it, they fix it, if they don't, they don't. I'll probably block them on my own. I'm like you - I block a LOT of channels.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Maybe one or two times in the 10 years I've had Dish. The problem with those channels is ESPN can use them but Dish usually doesn't update the guide (quick enough). I want to say I watched a football game, don't remember if it was college or pro, that ended up on one of those channels and only found it by chance. They could be used other times but I'm not necessarily looking for anything on those channels.

When I had ESPN, it made sense that those show in the guide though. With the base Flex package, as you know, it includes no ESPN, so there's no need to show the ESPN alternate channels.

I just want Dish to know about this. If they fix it, they fix it, if they don't, they don't. I'll probably block them on my own. I'm like you - I block a LOT of channels.
Rule #1 - if Dish errs in your favor, you keep mum!

Maybe one or two times in the 10 years I've had Dish. The problem with those channels is ESPN can use them but Dish usually doesn't update the guide (quick enough). I want to say I watched a football game, don't remember if it was college or pro, that ended up on one of those channels and only found it by chance.

There are only two times I can recall those channels being used. College football, specifically the timeslot where there are two games - one on ABC and ESPN2 and when the game on ABC is also on ESPN2, you get the SD version of the other game on 144. Wish they would make that HD... The other time is the women's NCAA tournament. Maybe they are used more now as I have them blocked all the time except for College Football season.

I have Welcome Pack. At first, the add-on options were listed in My Programming. Then it was removed. Now it's back.

This appears to have been fixed

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

To answer my own question, National Geographic is still SD-only. I am sending a PM to Zach S.

https://www.mydish.com/perks/free-preview, channel 103, and my internal site all do not list this channel being in a free preview at the moment. This channel is available in the America's Top 120 and higher, as well as the Flex Pack.

Not sure why it's listed in a SD free preview on this uplink report. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/6-29-2016-12-20-uplink-report-96-changes.361605/ but nothing on my end indicates it should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)