New Add-On Packages

it'd be silly if Dish was handing out antennas for people to pick up a blacked out channel, but the people couldn't set their DVR because they didn't have guide data to assign timers to.
Dish providing antennas during blackouts is more of a half-a** effort to appease customers. They are telling people to connect them to their TV, not to their receiver (and if the customer has a Hopper, they can't connect an antenna - I know about the dongle and if one has that, they most likely already have an antenna).

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes, if you have Flex, but don't pay $10 for the locals, can you still receive guide data if you pick the locals up via an antenna?
I have Flex and I just tried to remove the Locals package. It wants to charge me $5 since I'm within (30) days of adding this package.... Sorry :p I was going to try it and see what happens.

Dish providing antennas during blackouts is more of a half-a** effort to appease customers. They are telling people to connect them to their TV, not to their receiver (and if the customer has a Hopper, they can't connect an antenna - I know about the dongle and if one has that, they most likely already have an antenna).

They should give customers a credit on their bills for missing a
I have Flex and I just tried to remove the Locals package. It wants to charge me $5 since I'm within (30) days of adding this package.... Sorry :p I was going to try it and see what happens.

Are you saying that the OTA guide data disappears if you don't have locals? I have a strong off air antenna outside and get locals from other cities than what my Dish locals are. I get that guide data for those channels.

They should give customers a credit on their bills for missing a
They almost always do give customers a credit ... if they call and ask for it. They do not give all affected customers a credit automatically though.

Are you saying that the OTA guide data disappears if you don't have locals? I have a strong off air antenna outside and get locals from other cities than what my Dish locals are. I get that guide data for those channels.
Two different things there. I am in the Dayton OH market but with my antenna, I get Dayton channels and Cincinnati channels. In turn, I get guide data for the OTA channels for both markets. The reason customers get the guide data is because they are paying for locals. The other market channel's guide data is just a benefit or freebie. If you don't pay for locals, it's almost as if there's a (software) flag in the receiver that disables showing any local channel guide data. I'm too cheap to "test" this ! In 30 days I will though !!

They almost always do give customers a credit ... if they call and ask for it. They do not give all affected customers a credit automatically though.

Two different things there. I am in the Dayton OH market but with my antenna, I get Dayton channels and Cincinnati channels. In turn, I get guide data for the OTA channels for both markets. The reason customers get the guide data is because they are paying for locals. The other market channel's guide data is just a benefit or freebie. If you don't pay for locals, it's almost as if there's a (software) flag in the receiver that disables showing any local channel guide data. I'm too cheap to "test" this ! In 30 days I will though !!
What happens in 30 days?

What's interesting is that I also have 2 months free of Starz/EPIX & EPIX has a couple of HD channels but Starz is only in SD - don't think that's right.

I'm talking to the tech department and they know nothing about this issue , so CALL in and report it to get it fixed ,especially if you have the Flex pack. I already had HBO for $10.00 on my account and I have now ONLY SD due to the FREEVIEW. Same on Sony Channel in the DISH Movie pack. It is supposed to be in both sd and HD ,but since it is on freeview as well I only get SD version. This is a glitch on their end.

Reactions: Tampa8 and Hall
Thanks, was just going to see if I could PM you since I know you switched as well. Definitely something wrong.

Edit: just reported it, but seriously doubt if it gets fixed anytime soon - were a couple of other reports but this was a first for my cs rep (actually got a good one, aware of the new Flex pkg & very knowledgeable overall, didn't make me jump through hoops when I told her I had rebooted & all signals were OK).

Last edited:
So can someone confirm if A&E is in the base flex pack? I saw a comment earlier but it wasn't clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked and All the channels in hd that are in Freeview are now coming in SD only. This is a big issue and it will keep happening till the glitch is addressed and everyone calls in to complain. Which means all my timers set up on HBO are not gone since it was only on the HD channels. GOD what a way to run a company.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)