New Add-On Packages

A few more questions.

1- Are ESPN News or ESPN U included in any of the add-ons?
2- What about ESPN Goaline?
3- Are you able to add and remove these at any time (I understand that within 30 days there is a $5 fee).
4- Are all DVR/Extra receiver fees the same?
5- is FYI available in any package?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked and All the channels in hd that are in Freeview are now coming in SD only. This is a big issue and it will keep happening till the glitch is addressed and everyone calls in to complain. Which means all my timers set up on HBO are not gone since it was only on the HD channels. GOD what a way to run a company.
I complained too, but either it gets fixed at the overnight update tonight or not till 48 hrs plus, which means no HD freeview for HBO - not a big deal for me but you said you were actually paying for HBO, that's not good at all. Saving money is one thing, having it work as advertised is another.

A few more questions.

1- Are ESPN News or ESPN U included in any of the add-ons?
2- What about ESPN Goaline?
3- Are you able to add and remove these at any time (I understand that within 30 days there is a $5 fee).
4- Are all DVR/Extra receiver fees the same?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All fees same, only thing that changed was channel pkg - sports & kids programming are missing - you do an addon. Someone posted (thanks!) a list of channels & add ons earlier in this topic. I went through my favorites list & lost a few I rarely watched but added one or two others, nothing I can't live without for $20 less a month.

I complained too, but either it gets fixed at the overnight update tonight or not till 48 hrs plus, which means no HD freeview for HBO - not a big deal for me but you said you were actually paying for HBO, that's not good at all. Saving money is one thing, having it work as advertised is another.
Exactly what I just told the tech and I got a $5.00 credit off for 3 months to compensate for my loss of HD on ALL Hbo and ALL free view channels in my pack. This really pisses me off that they release a programming pack and say ALL HD IS INCLUDED and then they have this glitch in their system software that eliminates the HD on freeview. How stupid can you get. :mad: Oh and they don't know how long it will take to fix it ,anywhere from a day or two or three months out. I also reported this website as having members with Flex packs suffering from this lack of hd on freeview. IF this isn't fixed quickly, I will have to drop this pack and go back to a programming pack that doesn't have these problems and keep on asking for credits off every 6months. Maybe when they came up with FLEX pack they meant FLEXIBLE as in sometimes you get HD and sometimes you don't.:oldmad

For the amount I'm saving (all my discounts had finally run out) I'll probably stay with this, but the DIRT member who helped me switch is going to have a nice email when he returns (not his fault). Maybe he can help me get a couple of discounted voice remotes for the screw-ups :)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Exactly what I just told the tech and I got a $5.00 credit off for 3 months to compensate for my loss of HD on ALL Hbo and ALL free view channels in my pack. This really pisses me off that they release a programming pack and say ALL HD IS INCLUDED and then they have this glitch in their system software that eliminates the HD on freeview. How stupid can you get. :mad: Oh and they don't know how long it will take to fix it ,anywhere from a day or two or three months out. I also reported this website as having members with Flex packs suffering from this lack of hd on freeview. IF this isn't fixed quickly, I will have to drop this pack and go back to a programming pack that doesn't have these problems and keep on asking for credits off every 6months. Maybe when they came up with FLEX pack they meant FLEXIBLE as in sometimes you get HD and sometimes you don't.:oldmad

Dude, relax! It is a mistake.

Dude, relax! It is a mistake.

I realize that it is their mistake but if you had talked to the tech I just talked to last night you would of been pissed off too. HE was very lackadasial about the amount of time it would take to fix it and very condecending towards me in his remarks . Plus all my timers on HBO now don't work ,since they were set for the HD version of their channels. Unacceptable !

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I realize that it is their mistake but if you had talked to the tech I just talked to last night you would of been pissed off too. HE was very lackadasial about the amount of time it would take to fix it and very condecending towards me in his remarks . Plus all my timers on HBO now don't work ,since they were set for the HD version of their channels. Unacceptable !

I wouldn't be as upset as you are but I certainly would not be pleased at all.

With how fast dish seems to move on anything these days, you will probably be waiting for a long time for that to be corrected

I will give it a week from yesterday and if isn't fixed by then I will switch back to top 200 and keep getting credits to off set every 6 months like I've been doing for some time now. It simply is unacceptable for my HD feeds of channels that I paid for in my subscription to be in Sd just because Dish decides to run a freeview .

I will give it a week from yesterday and if isn't fixed by then I will switch back to top 200 and keep getting credits to off set every 6 months like I've been doing for some time now. It simply is unacceptable for my HD feeds of channels that I paid for in my subscription to be in Sd just because Dish decides to run a freeview .

Don't you have free HD for life? ;)

That really isn't the issue, when he says paid for I'm with him on that. He is paying $35 for a package that includes HD for certain channels, and paying for HBO that should be HD. If they were advertised as being only SD the package should be valued less, certainly HBO.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Don't you have free HD for life? ;)

Yes and that is what is making me so mad about this entire thing. But this is a software glitch in their system that needs to be fixed. The Flex pack is only a week old so they still have bugs to work out of their computer system that is causing this mess.

Yes and that is what is making me so mad about this entire thing. But this is a software glitch in their system that needs to be fixed. The Flex pack is only a week old so they still have bugs to work out of their computer system that is causing this mess.

I understand.
I am not at home now but as soon as I am I will check and see what's going on with my Flex Pack free HBO and whether or not I have it in HD.

I am at work and the Dish techs just called me and I Checked on my I pad and all the freeview channels are now in HD again! I called my wife and she confirmed all the freeview channels say HD again. SO thanks to Zach on the DIRT team for getting on this so quickly after I sent my pm. Thanks to DISH for fixing this problem quickly also .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)