New Add-On Packages

Go to 362. I swapped to Flex Pack and a couple of the add ons to try it and I show the MTV channels on my 211K and my Hopper 3 system.

When I get home after 9:00pm I'll check and see if they are there. I am still at work right now.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I guess dish will use these packs as a way to lower your bill when you threaten to cancel now instead of being so generous with the monthly credits like they are now
No guessing necessary - this is exactly why the packages currently exist. Only the retention people have full access to it. Regular reps should know about it and can give you details but they can't add it to your account.

Is weathernation included in the pack ?
Yes, it's the weather channel you get. The old standard, The Weather Channel, is not in the base package.

LOL now my head is spinning from the different lists..... I sent a message to DIRT earlier but no reply to get an actual line up. I didn't go down the DISH phone CSR route....
What package do you have currently ? If you have the Welcome or Smart package, this will be an 'upgrade' for most people, IMO. I haven't looked closely at what channels we lost, but I'm sure we did.

When I get home after 9:00pm I'll check and see if they are there. I am still at work right now.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app
Well I got home and sure enough the following SD channels are now there in my guide:
362 Bet Gospel
363 Bet Soul
364 CMT Music
365 Bet Jams
366 MTV U music
368 Mtv Hits

Don't know if they will remain in the Flex pack , but for now they are there.

Reactions: Link
I wonder if DISH will advertise this new Flex pack and the add on packs on their website or if they will only tell subs that are cancelling that the option exists? It's funny but when I used to lock out channels I didn't watch or want to see in my guide, the Flex pack looks like my guide used to. I lock out all sports , religious , shopping and music cd /audio stations. Now most of those channels are exactly what I don't see in the Flex pack. This pack might be one of the best packs that give you the main cable channels without sports and filler channels and at a reasonable price.

Reactions: peggy97850
currently in an online chat with a Dish rep about the Flex pack. About 10 mins in and have gotten no where. They started by asking me if I am referring to a Netflix application.....good grief. It seems at this point I know more about it from this thread then the rep does.

Edit to add:

Ok so this is where my online chat ended up:
Dish Rep - Upon checking, it is not yet available for now. It will be launch soon. No worries. As much as I want to provide you an information. We do not have sufficient information for now and we do not want to misinform you.

So that was a waste of time, I will now try calling for info.

Ok, so I called and talked to one of the best Dish reps I think I have ever spoke with in my 15+ years of being a dish customer. Very easy change, and just as detailed here by Link, $34.99/mo plus I opted for the $10 locals add on. Thanks for posting this info, this is the perfect package for us and saves us about $20/mo. Awesome.

Good to see more options being offered, I think this could be a popular package once it becomes public

Good to see more options being offered, I think this could be a popular package once it becomes public

I wonder if they will "make it public" seems to me it would be a popular package. I tried it unfortunately, it lacked many of the public interest channels that I watch various shows on, and I realized it didn't have regular MTV (I watch Scream on there) and just MTV 2, so I went back to an AT package.

currently in an online chat with a Dish rep about the Flex pack. About 10 mins in and have gotten no where. They started by asking me if I am referring to a Netflix application.....good grief. It seems at this point I know more about it from this thread then the rep does.

Edit to add:

Dish Rep - Upon checking, it is not yet available for now. It will be launch soon. No worries. As much as I want to provide you an information. We do not have sufficient information for now and we do not want to misinform you.

IF you want the Flex pack you have to call the CANCELLATION department and specifically request the FLEX Pack. They will connect you to the department that handles that request. Any other regular rep , will most likely not know what you are talking about. I went through 3 of them at different times of the day and night till I figured out just call to cancel and they will connect you directly to the FLex pack people.

The more I think about this "special, secret" package, I would not be surprised, as it seems to be geared, for long time or preferred customers. Yes, you seem have to go in through alley door to get it. But maybe they want it that way. Keep it limited to those who deserve some loyalty credit/breaks. I may be wrong, but I doubt this will ever become a "regular" package.

Reactions: DWS44
I called about an hour ago and the first rep I spoke to knew about Flex, had a list of the channels, cost, etc but didn't have the ability to add it to my account. He transferred me to the "loyalty department" (and I could have sworn I was talking to Scott Greczkowski from the sound of the guy's voice!!). He said this package is unpublished and basically in "test" mode. Only people in the loyalty or retention department can offer it - which they will do when a customer calls to cancel, get lower rates, etc. He also said it's very popular. Because it's unpublished, there are no channel listings (publicly) available. He offered to read them to, including all of the different packages, but I couldn't keep up in writing them down. He also suggested that if I want to add any of the other add-ons, I have to call. This is incorrect, but no big deal - I can see the add-ons under "Core" just like Link showed in his earlier screenshots.

Ultimately, my bill is $4/mo cheaper but I get back channels we like but lost when switching to Smart Pack.

Edit to add:

I got mine set up today on a previous account, it was very easy, i switch from welcome pak to flex pak with a 222k receiver, make sure your receiver have the latest G4 smart card, or they wont set you up with the flex pak

The more I think about this "special, secret" package, I would not be surprised, as it seems to be geared, for long time or preferred customers. Yes, you seem have to go in through alley door to get it. But maybe they want it that way. Keep it limited to those who deserve some loyalty credit/breaks. I may be wrong, but I doubt this will ever become a "regular" package.
Not hard to get, so long as you have a hd receiver with a G4 smart card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)