New AMC-14 and E-3 Info

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
By this application, EchoStar Corporation (“EchoStar”) respectfully requests special
temporary authority (“STA”) to move its EchoStar 3 satellite from its current orbital location of
61.5° W.L. to 61.35° W.L., to temporarily operate at this location while traffic is transitioned to
the new AMC-14 satellite, and thereafter to maintain the satellite at that slot as an in-orbit spare,
pending its ultimate move to another orbital location with Commission approval. The instant
request is for a 45-day STA starting on or around April 7, 2008, or such later date as EchoStar
has started to relocate its AMC-14 satellite to 61.5° W.L.
with Commission authority.

...EchoStar is currently operating two satellites at 61.5° W.L. – EchoStar 3 and EchoStar 12
(formerly Rainbow 1). EchoStar has requested authority to replace EchoStar 3 at 61.5° W.L.
with the new AMC-14 satellite, which it has leased from SES Americom. The AMC-14 satellite
is scheduled to be launched on or around March 15, 2008, and will conduct in-orbit testing at the
56.5° W.L. orbital location.
EchoStar has requested special temporary authority for the launch
and in-orbit testing of AMC-14.1 ...

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/servlet/ib.page.FetchAttachment?attachment_key=-144462

Is AMC 14 on time thus far for launch? I was reading that there were some delays with D*s new launch. Does this effect E*s launch?
No. D11 is launching from the middle of the Pacific. AMC-14 is launching from Kazakhstan. Not the same organizations. Conceivably, they could be launched on the same day. :)

Is AMC 14 on time thus far for launch? I was reading that there were some delays with D*s new launch. Does this effect E*s launch?

No delay problems with the current Dish sat launch.

The next sat launch will be with Sea Launch.
I doubt much of a delay at all since Directs was only delayed by a few days.

Where is echostar 3 going once amc-14 is in place at 61.5? It still surprises me that they would put another sat at 61.5 and not do something about 129 first.

Where is echostar 3 going once amc-14 is in place at 61.5? It still surprises me that they would put another sat at 61.5 and not do something about 129 first.
The 129 replacement (Ciel-2) is in progress. It was originally scheduled to launch around this time, but was later moved down to the end of 2008.

Umm just so I'm clear... echo has a new bird going up in a week?

Once it's successfully up, will this mean new channels within a month or something??

I agree with James_k_p. How is this launch next week going to impact what national HD and local HD channels I receive, and when will we get them. I know that no one on here knows the answers for sure, but I would like to hear some speculation from some of you guys since you'll know a lot more than I do.

Hey James_k_p, I am in the same area as you on the northshore. I live in Abita Springs. I know you Pub guys can't give the details because it is top secrect, but do you think this eastern arc thing will get us here in the New Orlenas area our locals on Dish sometime soon?

The 129 replacement (Ciel-2) is in progress. It was originally scheduled to launch around this time, but was later moved down to the end of 2008.

Yeah I know they have been delayed with all the launch failures. I would just have thought 129 and ciel 2 would be more of a priority than 61.5. At least by the end of the year we should have most all the HD that D* has.

Yeah I know they have been delayed with all the launch failures. I would just have thought 129 and ciel 2 would be more of a priority than 61.5. At least by the end of the year we should have most all the HD that D* has.
Ciel-2 is being built by the Canadians, for Canada, with Dish leasing about half of the transponders for service to the US. Since it's a Canadian satellite, Dish doesn't have much say about the schedule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts