New App "More Video Services"

Dishusercan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
US
I noticed a new App "More Video Services" on Hopper 3. It's like VOD. It has the same shows as VOD but it looks different. Also, the videos don't show up under Rentals. There are just a few networks right now. There is also ads you can't skip before each video. Here's a few pictures.
a3c35ea5df014834329b0e839d128aaa.jpg
2d1ac4ff5f535da938c8969217a5aae0.jpg
22c965dcb7da1a7c349b6b59b1f1bb83.jpg
24938534d4ca0b2659fd6b09dfb2cbdf.jpg
7dc46e002d7db82bd759ee4b53962df7.jpg
0e6f4915f8c0d5c81c192f87961f858f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

"More Video Services" is also available on the 4K Joey. I fired up Disney XD and launched season 2 of "Star War Rebels". It's nice that there isn't any "go to this web site and enter this 8-digit alpha code" routine like on the AppleTV; it knows I have a compatible package and lets me in.

But, like was mentioned, there are a few pre-roll ads to sit through. Again, similar to the ABC/Disney apps on other platforms.

"More Video Services" is also available on the 4K Joey. I fired up Disney XD and launched season 2 of "Star War Rebels". It's nice that there isn't any "go to this web site and enter this 8-digit alpha code" routine like on the AppleTV; it knows I have a compatible package and lets me in.

But, like was mentioned, there are a few pre-roll ads to sit through. Again, similar to the ABC/Disney apps on other platforms.
Are their ads in the middle/ end?

Are their ads in the middle/ end?
Yes, they are. They behave just like the ABC and Disney Apps on other platforms, including the disabling of the Skip Fwd/Back buttons during the Ads.

I was going to go back and edit my message and got side-tracked, sorry about that.

I wonder if it is a way to integrate the content that the program providers have on their "apps" you can download to a smartphone or streaming device such as iPhone/iPad and AppleTV/Roku. Maybe Disney agreed to work with Dish as the test subject.

Seems obvious to me as soon as I read the posts. Commercials. Most people now are familiar with Apps and feel at home using them. Disney is hoping people will want to watch programming by using the Apps, hoping because there is forced commercials something they can't accomplish otherwise. It is no small thing to develop an App for a device, ask Netflix but when making money is involved - commercials - it becomes easier. :)

Reactions: DWS44 and bobvick
This option has been on the H2s for 2 or more months now.
I think it came out with U206 or U207 version software.

I find it strange its only been on the H3 a couple days.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts