New Apple invention could allow future iPhones to shoot 'super-resolution' images thanks to OIS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if folks will really detect a difference, or it'll just be another "must have" gee-gaw.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Using offset image stitching of every other image is also a way to achieve panorama 3D. That is of interest to me as well as OIS.

However, I see this rumor now:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-...Stabilization-and-larger-1.75m-pixels_id55645

That doesn't excite me as much. OIS is clearly superior in every camera I have seen. Sony uses a combination of both in one of my 3D camcorders and it is phenomenal.

But, I'm due to get a new smart phone soon since the screen and power button are failing on my Thunderbolt. I had hopes for iPhone 6 but if the OIS is scrapped, I may go for a bargain discounted 5s instead. I'm thinking of September for my upgrade but would wait for a month or two for the iphone 6 if it hits the market delayed. Lot depends on how I can keep the Thunderbolt working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts