New Apple Technology Stops iPhones From Filming Live Events

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This would only work if the MPAA and other assorted groups force all the cell phone makers to incorporate this technology.

What do other manufactures or the MPAA have to do with anything? This is just another attempt by Lord Jobs to further control his loyal flock of blind sheep. They filed for the patent for the technology, I’ll say when iPhone 2013 comes out this ‘feature’ will be included. When you buy iCrap, you don’t pay for the product, you pay to let yourself be dominated by an egotistical control freak who dictates what you can and can’t do with the device you spent your hard earned cash on.

How people can support and buy stuff from this awful company that wants to do stuff like this is beyond me.

Steve Mehs said:
What do other manufactures or the MPAA have to do with anything? This is just another attempt by Lord Jobs to further control his loyal flock of blind sheep. They filed for the patent for the technology, I’ll say when iPhone 2013 comes out this ‘feature’ will be included. When you buy iCrap, you don’t pay for the product, you pay to let yourself be dominated by an egotistical control freak who dictates what you can and can’t do with the device you spent your hard earned cash on.

How people can support and buy stuff from this awful company that wants to do stuff like this is beyond me.

I think your post is missing some [rant][/rant] tags.

My phone does everything I need it to do. And I'm sure that once this is released, a jailbreak app will come around to disable it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If I go to a NASCAR Race, Sabres Hockey Game or Lady Gaga concert I should not have to modify my phone to use the camera to take snapshots of memories.

I want to know more about this technology. Will it sense multiple human bodies with their arms in the air? Will it sense dB levels? Will it be GPS based? A combo of all that and much more? What types of situations are needed for these algorithms to be triggered and disable the camera function? How invasive will this be and how can it be 100% accurate. It boggles my mind that this could be accepted by the Apple sheep. How accurate will it be in determining the difference between a professional sporting event or concert and a non-professional one? So a parent won’t be able to take a picture of their son or daughter at a high school choral concert or football ball game? Or what if I’m at a professional sporting event or whatnot and just want to take a picture of friends having a good time, not of the athletes, performers or any of the other action. The fact that Apple is not only considering this technology, but it appears that they will bring it to reality is not only freighting but has me wondering what else they are planning to control users.

If I go to a NASCAR Race, Sabres Hockey Game or Lady Gaga concert I should not have to modify my phone to use the camera to take snapshots of memories.

I want to know more about this technology. Will it sense multiple human bodies with their arms in the air? Will it sense dB levels? Will it be GPS based? A combo of all that and much more? What types of situations are needed for these algorithms to be triggered and disable the camera function? How invasive will this be and how can it be 100% accurate. It boggles my mind that this could be accepted by the Apple sheep. How accurate will it be in determining the difference between a professional sporting event or concert and a non-professional one? So a parent won’t be able to take a picture of their son or daughter at a high school choral concert or football ball game? Or what if I’m at a professional sporting event or whatnot and just want to take a picture of friends having a good time, not of the athletes, performers or any of the other action. The fact that Apple is not only considering this technology, but it appears that they will bring it to reality is not only freighting but has me wondering what else they are planning to control users.

You didn't even read the article that you posted did you. If you would have read the article you would see how the promoters of the event could prevent you from using the video camera.

How could they do that though and if the technology is there then who knows what else this is capable of doing. But what does it matter to Apple sheeple though. They like to be dominated and told what they can and cannot do with the iCrap they spent their hard earned money on. Lord Jobs Commands, You Obey. Go head write off this issue and keep paying your beloved Master to further control you.

How could they do that though and if the technology is there then who knows what else this is capable of doing. But what does it matter to Apple sheeple though. They like to be dominated and told what they can and cannot do with the iCrap they spent their hard earned money on. Lord Jobs Commands, You Obey. Go head write off this issue and keep paying your beloved Master to further control you.

Give it a rest.

On another note there is nothing that says this is even going to hit the markets. There are more patents out there that never see the light of day than the ones that do.

If somehow, someway this comes to be, which will be close to 0% of it actually happening, this will just be another reason to JB a phone

If they wanted to stop camera phones from filming all they need to do is put a bunch of ir blasters on the stage.

That would stop any digital camera from taking pics.

Sent from my phone using the FREE SatelliteGuys App!

If they wanted to stop camera phones from filming all they need to do is put a bunch of ir blasters on the stage.

That would stop any digital camera from taking pics.

Sent from my phone using the FREE SatelliteGuys App!

I was just thinking the same thing. Guess King Jobs didn't think of this. It would stop ALL cameras then..not just the iphone.

Steve Mehs said:

Video is very different from pictures, so stop mischaracterizing the tech. And it'd be up to the venue/performer to disable the video via IR to the phone.

On an unrelated note, get a life. I have a right to choose whatever tech suits my needs. You calling me and millions of others names is insulting. You choose not to buy apple products for whatever reason, you don't see me calling you names. Make your point without insulting us and it will likely be better received (or at least more readily discussed).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Steve- if it makes you feel better to blame one man, one company for all technology that infringes on your rights to do as you please then fine but you are a complete fool to think Apple is the only one doing this. The biggest violators for control of the people is our Federal Government, followed by Google, followed by Apple, followed by Microsoft, followed by RIM, followed by every local government and local police. Sorry but you are so naive to believe only Apple is doing these things you continuously rant about. Welcome to the modern world. I hope this post didn't wake you from your fantasyland sleep that only has one devil to fight.

While most people here are rather short sighted thinking this will only be used by concerts and other major events, if the technology is economical enough I can see it proliferate all over where anyone might wish to control cellphone camera or even any consumer based camera and have the technology be required of all cameras. Say I get a job to video tape a wedding and I don't want anyone shooting their own pictures, I could install these blasters everywhere I work. I can put one up at my place of business. Disney can install them at all performances and then sell their own productions. This technology, in the next generation could make photography by amateurs obsolete, a thing of the past. The government could easily pass a law requiring all cameras be equipped with an internal circuit you can't shut down by software to disable this.

So, what is Don Landis going to do about this? If the technology uses IR blaster, I will simply put a piece of black electrical tape over the IR sensor! :) LOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)