New baby on the way: Panasonic TC-P58S2

Well, got the 50" G25 delivered today. Slides running. We'll see how it really looks in a couple days. :)

FYI running slides......

Slides are simply meant to help evenly burn the phosphurs to get to a magic number (usually 100 hours or so). Feel free to watch TV, however stretch the 4:3 to fit the whole screen. Watch as much as you want, simply move the settings for contrast and brightness down and off vivid mode. Simply run the slides at night to supplement.

Enjoy the S2. I have a 58V10 and love it! Panny's make good plasma's.

I'm amazed with my 50" Panasonic Plasma every time I watch someone elses TV. Had it for 2 years and I'm still impressed. Never knew about running slides. Is it too late for mine.

They are only good for a quick break in and evenly aging the cells. Dont sweat it now. They come in handy if you wanna run the slides and see if your tv is having a problem with a color, or dead pixels. I run mine every month or so just to look for abnormalities.

He has had it for a couple weeks but he did not do the slides. He kept reading that he should not worry as long as he gave it the break in time so he finally relaxed. Funny... he was reading your equipment list. He has a Denon receiver and Def Tech speakers... you obviously have similar taste... lol And of course we have the Regza in the family room. We don't have the problems you did though. We love ours. With 14 feet of windows lcd is better for us.

The Regza was a great tv, Im just obviously a Plasma guy. They do have different looks, and each one suits people different. Motion blur does seem to bother me, but that was my first big LCD, so I did not know it until I watched it a bit.

My only real complaint, is from the calibration side, and their CMS doesn't work as well as it should. Tv has a great out of the picture box, and was a great price for a 55".

It doesn't bother everyone, it just shows on fast motion, like watching football. Plasma is known to have phosphor trails, which Ive never seen, but it bothers some.

All our eyes are different.

Gregg came by today, and got the S2 and Duo squared away. Grayscale is pretty nice after calibration, but the 1.9 gamma is a bit of a stinker. Warm, before calibration is about 6000k, and the CIE Gamut is oversaturated.

Here are the charts, and Ill post the Duo charts in the Duo thread.

Attachments

• jason whiddon pre calibration gamma 1.9.pdf
    129.5 KB · Views: 109
  • jason whiddon post cinema.pdf
    127.9 KB · Views: 122

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)