New Batman Game leaked, to be announced today.

Great.. so we all get to DL it at the same time, and hopefully GMG will be good and provide me with my code in a timely manner..

Great.. so we all get to DL it at the same time, and hopefully GMG will be good and provide me with my code in a timely manner..

I'm kind of surprised they didn't give it to you already. The game launches tomorrow night at midnight. I thought they usually sent out preorder codes a while before launch. Hell, Nvidia gave me my code over a month ago so you know they had prerelease codes available for retailers.

The last time I preordered with GMG they gave me my code the day before release, so maybe that'll happen again. As I said I just don't want to be stuck downloading with the rest of the world because I know the transfer will be slow. Then again I can tell it to download before I go to work, so I suppose it won't be that bad, assuming nothing messes up.

Well a few minutes ago I received my keys from GMG and put them into Steam and now my computer is preloading them now. The download is 33.7 GB. Also, just as a little humble brag, thanks to my 100Mbps speeds, assuming no hiccups this whole thing will download in about 45 minutes. :) So basically if you have a key you may as well enter it now so the preload can begin.

Well a few minutes ago I received my keys from GMG and put them into Steam and now my computer is preloading them now. The download is 33.7 GB. Also, just as a little humble brag, thanks to my 100Mbps speeds, assuming no hiccups this whole thing will download in about 45 minutes. :) So basically if you have a key you may as well enter it now so the preload can begin.

Nice! I'll have to see if mine automatically started or if I have to initiate it somehow when I get home tonight.

Of course now it's annoying because I feel like a boy on Christmas Eve with my present waiting under the tree but I can't open it until tomorrow. Much like Christmas though I'll be heading to bed early so I can get up early and get it fired up.

Of course now it's annoying because I feel like a boy on Christmas Eve with my present waiting under the tree but I can't open it until tomorrow. Much like Christmas though I'll be heading to bed early so I can get up early and get it fired up.

You may as well sleep in. If the countdown clock on the store page is correct the game doesn't unlock until the store updates at 1:00PM ET tomorrow. It won't effect me since I wouldn't be able to play until after work anyways but but it's kind of sh!tty considering most games have midnight digital releases these days. I'm guessing they are unlocking it at midnight for console gamers too.

You may as well sleep in. If the countdown clock on the store page is correct the game doesn't unlock until the store updates at 1:00PM ET tomorrow. It won't effect me since I wouldn't be able to play until after work anyways but but it's kind of sh!tty considering most games have midnight digital releases these days. I'm guessing they are unlocking it at midnight for console gamers too.

You can set that alarm early after all. They have updated the countdown clock and now it shows as midnight eastern time tonight for me. Still won't do me any good unless I happen to still be up that late. If I am I'll be regretting it tomorrow morning.

Well I'm not staying up until midnight. I may just wake up an hour earlier than normal, which isn't too hard with 3 young kids in the house

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/594821545178070965/

Apparently the PC version is capped at 30 fps for some reason. I'm sure it will be patched quickly because of all the backlash this is already getting when the game hasn't even released in the U.S. yet. Not to worry though, Steam users have found out that fixing this is as simple as changing the max FPS value in the ini file from 30 to whatever you want it to be.

Good thing you brought up the AMD issue because it reminded me that I needed to update my own Nvidia drivers. That was a big part of my reasoning to get Nvidia instead of AMD, because they often aren't right on top of the game releases like Nvidia is. Getting the drivers now./

Well I tried out Arkham Knight this morning, and I guess the best thing I can say is that my experience was different than most, in that it wasn't complete sh*t. For those that don't know, it appears that the majority of PC players aren't having a good time with AK. On Steam, the game has a 32% positive rating (and I read they disabled comments because of the onslaught) and the PC Master Race subreddit has a thread full of people just complaining about how awful the performance is.

For me, the game ran just fine. To be fair, I didn't have a FPS counter going while I was playing, but I only experienced a few hiccups here and there, mainly while driving, but they weren't enough to really distract me. The game looked nice with the settings I enabled. I turned on as high as I could, although I didn't bother with all the Nvidia "special" settings like realistic rain or fog. And no, I didn't unlock the frame rate because I wanted to see if the game would even run in the first place, which it did.

As far as the actual game, it's basically Batman but bigger. Fighting is fun as it's ever been, and the new driving stuff is okay. I like the shooting sections better than the actual driving, and I do wish they had found a way to implement the old school Batmobile as opposed to the mobile tank they copied from the Nolan movies. Also, as others have mentioned, I find it more fun to get around the city using my grappling hook and gliding as opposed to driving. I haven't had a chance to try the new stealth combat sequences yet.

Overall I enjoyed the hour or so I spent with AK. I am surprised to read how many issues people are having. My video card is on the higher end of the spectrum, but to read about people with 970/980 cards having problems is quite disconcerting. I don't doubt that Rocksteady will work to make things right for PC users, and at least as of now I don't regret my preorder.

Update: Apparently Rocksteady is aware that their port sucks and are trying to work to fix it with their "external PC development partner."
http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-knights-launch-appears-to-be-a-disaster/

Last edited:
Well I tried out Arkham Knight this morning, and I guess the best thing I can say is that my experience was different than most, in that it wasn't complete sh*t. For those that don't know, it appears that the majority of PC players aren't having a good time with AK. On Steam, the game has a 32% positive rating (and I read they disabled comments because of the onslaught) and the PC Master Race subreddit has a thread full of people just complaining about how awful the performance is.

For me, the game ran just fine. To be fair, I didn't have a FPS counter going while I was playing, but I only experienced a few hiccups here and there, mainly while driving, but they weren't enough to really distract me. The game looked nice with the settings I enabled. I turned on as high as I could, although I didn't bother with all the Nvidia "special" settings like realistic rain or fog. And no, I didn't unlock the frame rate because I wanted to see if the game would even run in the first place, which it did.

As far as the actual game, it's basically Batman but bigger. Fighting is fun as it's ever been, and the new driving stuff is okay. I like the shooting sections better than the actual driving, and I do wish they had found a way to implement the old school Batmobile as opposed to the mobile tank they copied from the Nolan movies. Also, as others have mentioned, I find it more fun to get around the city using my grappling hook and gliding as opposed to driving. I haven't had a chance to try the new stealth combat sequences yet.

Overall I enjoyed the hour or so I spent with AK. I am surprised to read how many issues people are having. My video card is on the higher end of the spectrum, but to read about people with 970/980 cards having problems is quite disconcerting. I don't doubt that Rocksteady will work to make things right for PC users, and at least as of now I don't regret my preorder.

If you read the reviews almost all of them are listed as negative because of the framerate being locked at 30fps. This is kind of a problem unique to PC gaming. On consoles a game can get high reviews just for being a good game. On PC it has to look great and have all the settings PC gamers want (including an unlocked framerate) or it is the worst game of the year. For evidence check out the user scores on Metacritic. On PS4 it's sitting at 7.4 while PC is at 2.3 and I highly doubt it's that much worse of a game on PC.

I'm not saying it isn't dumb to lock the framerate at 30 but that's not something that would completely ruin the experience for me in an otherwise great game. For many people who reviewed on Steam that's not the case. Not only that but I wouldn't be surprised to see a patch that fixes that today since users can already fix it themselves just by changing a number in the ini file.

Here is the other thing. The people who write reviews and post in the Steam forums are the vocal minority. Most people just play their games and don't take the time to do that stuff. If you remember last month, The Witcher 3 also had negative reviews and the forum was flooded with people bashing the game on day one. Now it's listed as very positive and the forum discussion has completely changed.

The thing people were outraged about with Witcher 3 was that the graphics were downgraded. At the same time they were saying it was terribly optimized because it required pretty powerful hardware to max out. Sorry, but what kind of hardware do you think it would have required if they didn't downgrade the graphics? The "unoptimized" crowd wouldn't have had a prayer of playing that game.

The same thing will happen with Arkham Knight. The people who are acting like this is the worst game of the year right now will move onto the next major release and people who are enjoying the game will start to chime in.

Now, I haven't played the game yet and maybe I will have problems with it too. It was universally praised by critics though. If the main complaint is a few PC problems it sucks that Rocksteady didn't have them fixed at launch. Still the main offender (30 fps) is an easy user fix and I'm sure Rocksteady will have patches ready quickly.

Yes, the 30 FPS lock is annoying people, but as you said, that can be fixed manually by the user. What CAN'T be fixed (at least not yet) is the performance within those 30 FPS. People with decent rigs are complaining about hang ups and other things. Also, the game is rather buggy. Now, I didn't notice any bugs while I played, but various reviewers I follow have bitched about sound issues and other things. Also, the past Arkham games have been nefariously buggy in the past. Our PC versions NOW are okay, but when they came out, they had issues. Hell Arkham City had a bug that would wipe out your save data (which will now cause me to do manual backups as a safety measure.) Part of me is like, "Well, what do you expect from a massive open world game on Day 1?" But on the other hand, it is annoying to have to deal with this stuff constantly.

It looks like Rocksteady may have warned us about this..

iPhJCVA.jpg

king3pj you may be in for a bad time. It looks like AK is having numerous issues with SLI cards..

• [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Heavy flickering occurs in game after Alt+Tab if SLI is enabled. [200116723]
  • [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Severe stuttering seen, especially in indoor scenes, when the game is running at 4K resolution and NVIDIA Gameworks settings are turned on. [200116722]
  • [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Random flickering occurs in the game if SLI is enabled. [200116717]
  • [GM206, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Stuttering occurs and performance drops after shadow quality settings are toggled. [200116694]
  • [GK180, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] When SLI is enabled, a crash points to ntdll.dll shortly after the game is exited. [200116717]
Looks like some of these can be avoided, but it's annoying that someone could spend upwards of $1k in their video card setup and they have to deal with this crap.

king3pj you may be in for a bad time. It looks like AK is having numerous issues with SLI cards..

• [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Heavy flickering occurs in game after Alt+Tab if SLI is enabled. [200116723]
  • [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Severe stuttering seen, especially in indoor scenes, when the game is running at 4K resolution and NVIDIA Gameworks settings are turned on. [200116722]
  • [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Random flickering occurs in the game if SLI is enabled. [200116717]
  • [GM206, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Stuttering occurs and performance drops after shadow quality settings are toggled. [200116694]
  • [GK180, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] When SLI is enabled, a crash points to ntdll.dll shortly after the game is exited. [200116717]
Looks like some of these can be avoided, but it's annoying that someone could spend upwards of $1k in their video card setup and they have to deal with this crap.

Yeah, I plan to just play the game without unlocking the framerate and wait for Rocksteady to fix it. It's a bummer if SLI doesn't work properly but I'm sure it will be fixed soon. If I have problems, disabling SLI is as simple as unchecking a box in the Nvidia control panel. I can always run the second 970 as a dedicated Phsyx GPU for this game until the fix it. I'm guessing running the game off one 970 with a dedicated Physx GPU would still work pretty well.

Still, they are requiring a 980 for ultra settings. I have the hardware to get above that level and I won't be able to take advantage of it until SLI works properly. That's disappointing so hopefully it's a quick process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)