New Batman Game leaked, to be announced today.

Looks like they're having a season pass. I'm a little perplexed by it. First off, it's $40, which is pretty steep. Secondly the details are vague, but it allegedly has "6 months worth of content" with "new story missions, additional super-villains invading Gotham City, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks." That's quite a bit of content, but one can't help but wonder how much is "true" DLC and how much was just "Let's rip this out of the regular game and sell it again to customers." I mean come on, we need to pay for extra villains?

I'll add this to my wish list and pick it up when it inevitably goes on sale if it turns out the content is actually good. Hell, this costs more than what I ended up paying for the actual game on discount.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...ght-season-pass-and-premium-edition-announced

Looks like they're having a season pass. I'm a little perplexed by it. First off, it's $40, which is pretty steep. Secondly the details are vague, but it allegedly has "6 months worth of content" with "new story missions, additional super-villains invading Gotham City, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks." That's quite a bit of content, but one can't help but wonder how much is "true" DLC and how much was just "Let's rip this out of the regular game and sell it again to customers." I mean come on, we need to pay for extra villains?

I'll add this to my wish list and pick it up when it inevitably goes on sale if it turns out the content is actually good. Hell, this costs more than what I ended up paying for the actual game on discount.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...ght-season-pass-and-premium-edition-announced

This series likes its DLC but in the past it has mostly been relegated to extra skins and characters to play in the challenge maps. That stuff is cool but it's not stuff I would buy. The only part of this rumored content I'm interested in is the additional story missions. Publishers know that's the part people want though so they tend to pack it in with a bunch of costumes and other fluff.

Season passes are getting out of hand. I have no problem supporting a game with DLC but it's getting to the point where the DLC costs nearly as much as the game. I know Gears and Halo had paid DLC but I remember them also having free map packs sponsored by Doritos, or Mountain Dew, or whoever. Later it became common to see a season pass for $20-$25. Now we have had Call of Duty and Battlefield selling theirs for $50 for the last several games.

If Arkham Knight is charging $40 for their season pass it would stand to reason that the DLC has 2/3 as much content as the base game. If they really were going to add that much worthwhile content to keep the game alive I would be okay with that. I still wouldn't pay full price but I would be willing to buy the season pass on sale. We all know there won't be nearly that much content though. The content to price ratio for DLC rarely adds up.

That being said, I'm not going to let myself get worked up about DLC for a game that's not even out yet. I'll worry about that when I finish the base game and can read reviews on the quality of this DLC. It might not even be worth playing if it was free. Hopefully that's not the case.

I still kick myself for buying Batman Arkham City on day one. If I had waited only 8-9 months, I could've had a GOTY version with all DLC, including the Harley Quinn story mission for <$30. I even ended up buying the GOTY version of Arkham Asylum for $20 a year or so after paying full price for the vanilla version the week it was released. I think I'll just wait this one out.

I still kick myself for buying Batman Arkham City on day one. If I had waited only 8-9 months, I could've had a GOTY version with all DLC, including the Harley Quinn story mission for <$30. I even ended up buying the GOTY version of Arkham Asylum for $20 a year or so after paying full price for the vanilla version the week it was released. I think I'll just wait this one out.

If I didn't think the DLC would be heavily discounted at some point I would be right there with you. I got a good deal on the pre-order though. I'll just enjoy the game when it comes out and treat that as the whole package. If it sounds like the DLC is worth playing I'll pick that up on sale later.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/27/batman-arkham-knight-gets-yet-another-pre-order-bonus

Another pre-order bonus announced. It looks like this one is just a couple skins though.
In case you've lost track of all the various preorder bonuses...

aOKJUKv.jpg

Ridiculous. Hopefully people who shell out $40 for the season pass will at least get the Harley Quinn and Red Hood story pre-order stuff. The Scarecrow story pack being exclusive to PS4 bothers me too.

I'm still a bit skeptical about the Batmobile stuff but there is no denying the game looks great. We've got a little less than 4 weeks to go. By then I'm sure I'll be about ready to take a break from Witcher 3's massive campaign and play through this.

Keep your eye out though. It's not uncommon for good deals to pop up right before release date. As I said, the only reason I preordered was because I got it at over $20 off, but it's not uncommon for places to give similar deals, albeit usually in the form of store credit.

WB Games has just clarified that there really is no EXCLUSIVE retailer/platform DLC. While they do have a timed exclusivity, after about 6 months, they will become available to everyone, and Season Pass/Premium Version purchasers will have access to them then.

I do like this, as it means that you don't need to buy multiple versions to get the "entire" game.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Bat...Arkham-Knight-Release-Model/m-p/561050#M91756

Hmmm... anyone else a little worried that the preload of this game hasn't started yet? I mean traditionally it happens 1 week before release and we're 4 days out now.

Hmmm... anyone else a little worried that the preload of this game hasn't started yet? I mean traditionally it happens 1 week before release and we're 4 days out now.

I was wondering about this myself. Hopefully they will let us pre-load at least a day before launch. I know I won't want to wait for a 55GB download when I get home from work. Maybe WB is a little gun-shy when it comes to pre-loading on PC due to the Mortal Kombat disaster. They had an issue where people couldn't download the final piece that says the game is playable and had to wait a couple days after launch. Worst case scenario, I'll just start the download before I go to work Tuesday morning so it's ready for me when I get home.

Apparently the review embargo for Arkham Knight ended at 10am and they're coming in fast and furious. Overall they seem very positive, with Polygon even giving the game a 10. A list to links of the reviews can be found here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3aeijr/batman_arkham_knight_review_thread/

It's getting great reviews. I just watched IGN's video review and the graphics look amazing. Tuesday can't come soon enough.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/19/batman-arkham-knight-review

Well, MK X was a different scenario. That was a completely new style of preloading that failed miserably because it was a progressive system in parts, as opposed to the standard "Here's EVERYTHING encrypted, and on release date we'll unlock it for you" method that is tried and true. It also didn't help that MK X was an absolute buggy mess on release, which had a 15 GB update that wiped out everyone's data. Batman is definitely a bigger release than MK X, and WB can't afford another mess like they had there, ESPECIALLY knowing that the new Steam Refund system is out there.

OK now we're 2 days out and still nothing....I really hope that I'm not going to be with the rest of the world trying to download the 45 GB game at the same time

OK now we're 2 days out and still nothing....I really hope that I'm not going to be with the rest of the world trying to download the 45 GB game at the same time

I don't think there will be a preload on Steam. I think if they were going to do preloading it would have been available by now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts